Starting A New Agency

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

jwarman
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by jwarman »

I have been hired to start a new Personal Lines agency for a large mortgage lender. Is there a guide for completing an office Procedures Manual available. I have checked the PIA, IIABA, CPCU and CIC sites and have not found one. Also, what is a good place to start to find Agency Errors and Omissions coverage? I am a 30 plus year sales executive from a direct writer and have a CPCU, CIC, ARM and AAI designation.
Carlos
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Carlos »

What state are you in.
jwarman
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by jwarman »

Carlos, sorry I haven't gotten back sooner, I am in Georgia.
Callen
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Callen »

A good source of information is IBA West for CA and there are other organizations that also do a lot of education and that would be helpful in setting up your new agency. Another good resource is Insurance Skills Center http://www.insuranceskillscenter.com, as they have a procedures manual template that you can buy from them and plug in the specifics on your operation; they do onsite training. I highly recommend them. Contact Laurie Zangiwill or Marjorie Segale and tell them I sent you there. You see, I used to be an instructor of their's awhile back and they have inspired me to go further in the insurance industry. They would also have ideas to help you fill the gaps that you are missing.

Best of luck to you!

Carrie M. Allen,ARM
VP/Broker
Cyberian Insurance Services
License#0E08579
Santa Clara, CA