Your Thoughts On Siaa

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

InsuranceMaster
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by InsuranceMaster »

Any thoughts on SIAA?

I'm relatively new to insurance and looking to start my own indepent agency in CA. SIAA seems like my best option to hit the floor running. I've read some really good things. Anyone heard anything bad?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
davidstein
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by davidstein »

SIAA can be a great resource for a startup. The most important thing is to evaluate the quality of the mater SIAA agency. Verify that it is a strong agency with excellent carrier relationships. Also, be sure that you like and trust the people from the SIAA master agency. If any of your business will flow through their CSR's, ask to meet them.

It would be a good idea to talk to the marketing reps from the carriers that you would most like to do business with. Some love the SIAA system. Others may not.

Assuming that you do your homework and due dillegence, SIAA can be great.
INS WIZ

Post by INS WIZ »

What is SIAA and what are the good things?
InsuranceMaster

Post by InsuranceMaster »

<!--QuoteBegin-INS WIZ+Aug 19 2004, 10:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (INS WIZ @ Aug 19 2004, 10:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> What is SIAA and what are the good things? [/quote]
Strategic Independent Agents Alliance.

It's a network of independent agents that combine forces to negotiate as one with insurance companies.

Check out the details at siaa.net.
Elizabeth Souther
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Elizabeth Souther »

I just joined and I am delighted. Contract is a touch onerous, but I have acccess to carriers that would never give me the time of day. production requirements are reasonable, fees are OK. I think it is awsome...also, network just went over 4 Biliion in written premium...you simply can't argue with numbers like that.

PS: have you looked at Insurance Noodle? access to standard markets for small commercial without the lomng term commitment...just a thought and good luck!
koreilly
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by koreilly »

Insurance Journal featured a story about SIAA last year:

<a href='http://www.insurancejournal.com/magazin ... .htm/print' target='_blank'>SIAA Claims More Than Just Aggregation</a>

Caveat emptor, of course!
~ Kevin B. O'Reilly<br><br>Midwest Managing Editor<br>Insurance Journal