Software - Agent, not Agency

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

sunny
Insurance Journal Fan

Software - Agent, not Agency

Post by sunny »

I have been searching the forum and see mostly postings for agency software. I am looking for software to just track my business. I am a full service independent agent, so I need to track p & c (commercial/residential), plus the life, health side. I want to use the least expensive software and only want to pay a one time fee. I've seen software for the life/health side, but none for the p & c side. I need one that will track both. Is there any reasonable software for the full service agent?
jackwehoca
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Software - Agent, not Agency

Post by jackwehoca »

Tried asking for that type of info a few months ago. Everyone wants to sell you a system that could manage GM or Microsoft. Wish I knew enough about programming to design a simple commission tracker, retained vs non-retained. Best of luck with your responses. I will be watching for info as well. Thank you for, in effect, resurrecting my post.
beyert1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by beyert1 »

Sunny - I had the same problem. I wanted to just pay for the software and go from there. I used a program for a while and then decided $150 a month for the junk I had was not worth it. I was in the Information Technology area for 14 years before going into insurance. I bought Sage ACT! and modified it for my own use. I paid for the software once and that was it. Now I have it loaded on several computers and it works great.

I have given the file to several other small agencies and they love it.

The main thing is, I can modify the program to work exactly how I want it to and look the way I want. Create fields, searches and reports which are what I want not what some programmer thinks I need.

Get in touch with me if you want to know more. My email is tbeyer@thebeyeragency.com .
OldIndyAgent
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by OldIndyAgent »

If you just want to track name, lob, address, phone, expiration, premium, Excel, Openoffice [FREE], or Google Docs [FREE] will do it. You can sort by any of the columns like expiration, search for a name, etc.
pageltd
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pageltd »

Insurance Specific - For agency management:
http://www.agencysoftware.com

NOT Insurance Specific - really inexpensive, but really effective if you want to customize (like ACT!)
http://www.chaossoftware.com
George Page
www.pageins.com
sunny
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by sunny »

beyert1 wrote:Sunny - I had the same problem. I wanted to just pay for the software and go from there. I used a program for a while and then decided $150 a month for the junk I had was not worth it. I was in the Information Technology area for 14 years before going into insurance. I bought Sage ACT! and modified it for my own use. I paid for the software once and that was it. Now I have it loaded on several computers and it works great.

I have given the file to several other small agencies and they love it.

The main thing is, I can modify the program to work exactly how I want it to and look the way I want. Create fields, searches and reports which are what I want not what some programmer thinks I need.

Get in touch with me if you want to know more. My email is tbeyer@thebeyeragency.com .

Thank You! I'm going to email you right now.