Reliable Car Insurance Quotes

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

accelery
Insurance Journal Fan

Reliable Car Insurance Quotes

Post by accelery »

I'm looking to get car insurance, which unfortunately, I don't know too much about... I'm trying to do research, but it seems like I get a bunch of sites such as this. How reliable are these quote-type sites in giving me good rates? Does anyone have any input on this? Thanks!
Shagster1261
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Reliable Car Insurance Quotes

Post by Shagster1261 »

Accelery,
My recommendation is to call a local agent.
While many of these sites may be reliable in purchasing insurance, what they will NOT do for you is help identify coverage and exposures you may or may not have, and that's where an experienced and knowledgeable agent can prove invaluable. Consider that you don't know much about actual insurance, this being the case you don't really know what you need for coverage. An experienced agent can help you determine that. Uninsured/Underinsured coverage makes for a perfect example. If you don't know what it is, how would you know if you need it? And truth is, it is my opinion that everybody buying auto insurance should indeed have it... and the higher limits that they can afford the better!
But again, how would you know unless you're counseled by someone who already knows....
So while the 'ease' of doing business with a site like that may be attractive, I still believe there's no substitute for the experienced agent who can help you avoid the black hole of uncovered claims! And if you're not comfortable with the first agent you talk to, call another and another if that's what it takes for you to be comfortable and confident in them!
Good luck with whatever you decide...
Shagster1261
Presl70
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Presl70 »

I have been an agent for 47 years now and am still amazed at how many agents just rush to sell a policy and do not take the time to explain how the policy works and what the buyer should know about the coverages.

I advise a buyer that the policy can be broken down into 4 parts so that it can be understood by the average person.
1. The Liability section
A. explain the coverage and the need for higher limits than just minimum.
2. Explain the comp and collision section that covers the auto itself and deductables.
A. give some examples between an at fault wreck and a non fault.
3. Explain the difference between Medical Pay and PIP coverage. Also explain Uninsured Motorists and why limits on
liability and um/uim should be the same.
A. I always say that if the other person is at fault you would want the same limit on yourself that you carry for him if
you are in the wrong wouldn't you.
4. Other coverages that are available and what they will do for you.

When broken down in this manner I have yet to have a person who has said they no longer understand Auto Insurance. Many thank me as no other agent has taken the time to explain in clear terms what the coverages are and how they work. It sends me a lot of referrals. It just goes back to the idea that if you like what you do, be the very best at it. Incidently only a licensed agent can do these things for you, not some online machine or a call center person who just has a script to get information.
gainsurancegirl
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by gainsurancegirl »

An expierenced agent will be the best route for you. Insurance can get complicated when you're not certain of what you need to make sure you as well as the other driver is covered. An agent can explain the coverage and help direct you to the best policy for your budget.
robmejia
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by robmejia »

Most insurance websites today offer free quotes. You just have to fill in the details in their online form and you can get instant quotes. Prices will differ among various companies. Try to get quotes from as many companies as you can, take advantage of the free quotes to be able to compare and contrast.
txinsurance4
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by txinsurance4 »

A lot of local agents provide free quotes and some have the ability to bind policies online. Usually agents will sell you liability policies over the phone/fax/email but they will require you to be present in person for comp/coll policies.

Check out this local http://www.lafamiliainsurance.com
stephenboyd
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by stephenboyd »

According to me, if you really want to get reliable car insurance quotes, then you must provide information that is reliable and accurate. If you hold back some information, then your quote will be incorrect and the actual price you will pay for your insurance might not be what you have previously projected, so be honest and not hold back any information you with your car insurance company.
Robert742
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Robert742 »

accelery wrote:I'm looking to get car insurance, which unfortunately, I don't know too much about... I'm trying to do research, but it seems like I get a bunch of sites such as this. How reliable are these quote-type sites in giving me good rates? Does anyone have any input on this? Thanks!
I would avoid quote-type sites on the Internet. The one to which you refer seems to be for an insurance agency. Many sites on the Web, offering auto insurance quotes from multiple insurance companies, collect your personal information and sell it to agents to contact you. Some of these sites are run by companies with aggressive marketing, and they will call you every 3 months to get you to shop your car insurance again. If you want to get quotes online, I think the best way to do it is to go to insurance company websites, like Progressive, Allstate, Safeco, etc.

There is a lot of information about insurance companies and auto insurance available on the Web you can use to educate yourself. Finding a good agent to explain auto insurance coverage helps, but as one of the experienced agents noted above, many agents don't explain it. Those agents who do recommend coverage don't always give good advice. For example, I had a customer who was told by an agent friend of hers, she had too much auto liability insurance. While getting an auto insurance quote myself, I had an agent push hard for me to take a PIP deductible, so he could have a more competitive rate. Likewise, with another agent quoting me a $1,000 collision deductible, without telling me about it. Educate yourself about coverage & insurance companies, then use the expertise of several agents, to make sure you are making the best, most informed choice for you. When comparing price among companies, make sure each company quotes you the same type & amount of coverage, to make sure it is a fair comparison.
Complaint & customer satisfaction ratings for all the leading home & auto insurance companies in the USA
http://www.smartshopyourcarinsurance.com
johnywhite
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by johnywhite »

There are lots of insurance quotes option in the internet nowadays, you just have to find the right location for you. Check this one if you're from AZ, http://www.mtaxes.com/, hope it helps!
chizcurlz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by chizcurlz »

You should first do some search about the best car insurance providers, check their history that what is their credit history.http://www.learninsurance.com/insurance ... 0education