Non-profit

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

CoJones
Insurance Journal Addict

Non-profit

Post by CoJones »

I have a small non-profit that I placed with Philadelphia Ins. They provide a opportunity for siblings of children with chronic illness or special needs. They current have GL, WC, D&O, I just wanted to get your thought on anything I could be missing in terms of coverage ? They do use volunteer's to help out with the organization. I have suggest UM coverage in the past.

Thanks
justthere
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Non-profit

Post by justthere »

You mentioned that you suggested UM yet you did not mention that they had vehicles. I just wanted that clarified. I would look at Umbrella coverage and some type of trip interruption coverage along with possibly accident coverage. If they send people out of the country, you may need some type of repatriation coverage.
CoJones
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by CoJones »

They do not have any Vehicles
Shagster1261
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Shagster1261 »

Assuming the Property goes with the GL, I would also recommend EPLI and what about abuse and molestation? Is the A and M covered under the GL?
angleblue63
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by angleblue63 »

I'm wondering what other P&C underwriters think of an account I'm familiar with.

The risk makes several types of products related to firearms/hunting/shooting sports:
Handgun grips and stocks for rifles. Much of their work is custom grips for handguns.
They also make sights and grips for bows and grips for hunting knives.
They sell to gun manufacturers and individuals. Sales around $10mm a year so they make a lot of them.

Do you think this has a high degree of GL hazard? Should it be in a standard or E&S market? Ideas on a GL class code?

Thanks!