Getting Appointed

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

chlyh2o
Insurance Journal Fan

Getting Appointed

Post by chlyh2o »

What is the process for getting appointed with a company...specifically Guardian?? Thanks
AgencyEquity
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Getting Appointed

Post by AgencyEquity »

Most carriers have agency appointment information on their website, I would go to a carriers website and submit a request. The other option is to find the marketing representative and ask for a meeting, many will schedule an appointment to visit you in your office. You can find a marketing representative by doing a search on LinkedIn, you can find a carrier directory with links to their agency appointment pages by visiting my website linked below.
http://www.agencyequity.com
The Premier Website for Insurance Agency Principals, Executives, and Producers with Executive-Level Business Needs
Iowa Guy
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Getting Appointed

Post by Iowa Guy »

I wouldn't fill out any sort of online request. Think of it like needing an answer from an underwriter for something you know might be difficult to get him to say yes to.

Do you send him an email and let him take the easy way out by telling you no through an email?

Or do you call him directly and sell him on the idea and have prepared responses for his objections?

Call the company(s) and find out who the marketing mgr is in your territory. Get their cell phone or direct line. If you don't reach them live, don't leave a message saying what you are calling for. Simply leave your name and number and ask them to call you back. They always do because they don't know you and never know for sure what it is about.

Then make sure you have a good story for what you are in search of and why you would be a good fit for them.