Softening Market?

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

CompPro
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by CompPro »

Hi All. I'd be grateful for some additional input from some of you. I see the market softening. Appointments are getting easier, pricing is softening and appetite is broadening. What I am not seeing yet is commissions increasing from direct carrier appointments. What about the rest of you. Whose starting to bump commissions in personal and commercial or is it remaining static for you as well.?
Dawgnacious

Post by Dawgnacious »

Agree that market is softening and commission % is flat.
NorthridgeIns

Post by NorthridgeIns »

OK... I keep see and hearing that it is sofening and that carrier appointments are becoming available. But other than some softening in premium pricing for certain classes, I haven't seen any these effects yet. Am I looking in the wrong places?
independent guy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by independent guy »

Well, with 2 years in my father's agency, I've never tried to start a relationship with a new company until lately and I'm getting to handle it "to gain experience". I wouldn't have throught that it would be like it is. The carriers are actually seeking US out. Right now I have 3-4 carriers who call on a regular basis asking "if I'm ready". One of them I'm very interested in and want to get appointed with ASAP. Another one is close, but rates are too close to two other companies I write with. The other two don't have a chance here.