If you insurance Broker's & CSR's love animals please re

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

sanddog
Insurance Journal Addict

If you insurance Broker's & CSR's love animals please re

Post by sanddog »

Hello everyone, this is just and FYI, that I'm sharing, as I believe strongly in neutering & spaying of domesticated animals.
To many people are breeding and selling for the wrong reason, and the animals end up on the streets.

For you guys who don't that i have a soft spot for abandon animals.
I recently found another animal, this time a baby Kitten about
3 OZ on a golf course teeing-box down south. We named the cat T-Box, and found a home once T box recovered.
As I watch golfer's step over or around T Box , i knew i couldn't do the same. Golf would not happen that day. I took T Box home and my Wife and I fed it a special formula every 5 hours, and injected a saline solution under T Box the cat's skin ( very dehydrated ).
Its been a struggle, trying to keep her little body alive, unfortunately we lost the battle last night 09/27.......... :( :cry:

"We domesticated the animals we must be good Care Takers, if neutered & spayed this would not have to happen" :x

Thank you for reading this email :wink:
ckelsoe
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by ckelsoe »

Sandog,

I missed this post earlier. We have done the same - as a result are cat and dog poor! It is amazing how cruel some folks are. It is heartwarming to hear the story and I am sorry for the loss. It is amazing how quickly we become attached to animals - especially those in need.

The ladies at the office rescued a kitten that was outside the office last year. It was to become the office cat. They finally ended up sending it home with someone because it was a terror. It was worth a lot of laughs watching him and probably helped the office atmosphere while he was there.

We do allow folks to bring in their pets from time to time. It is a nice benefit.
Charles R Kelsoe
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pita3333 »

We are also a animal friendly office here. We are located in a residential area and have neighbor wtih two dogs. We stock a box of dog biscuits that they eagerly accept as a toll for walking down the steps!

Another of our employees is very involved in dog rescue...in fact this morning she called in to say she would be late as she picked up a stray and is taking to the rescue shelter.

One of her dogs was a rescue who was partially paralized (since mostly recovered but still has a rear leg that she is not able to fully use), her name is Victoria. Victoria is a often requested Humane Education Tutor for the local elementary schools. They come in and show the kids how to react around animals. see: http://www.petorphans.org/
lawssherry
Insurance Journal Fan

Animal lovers unite

Post by lawssherry »

I too love animals and currently have 6 (4 former street kitties and 2 stray dogs) thanks to those who do not fulfill their responsibity to spay/neuter or otherwise care for their pets. It bothers me greatly that people do not weigh their ability to be a responsible pet owner (spay, neuter, vaccinate, love, shower attention) in their decision to get a pet.

Sanddog, my sympathies and kudos for taking action.
sistoall
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by sistoall »

I know this is sort of off track, but has anyone else ran into the case of "NO" when it comes to certain animals from Underwriters on Homeowners, and if so which companies are you using for these?
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

sistoall, your right this is more then sort-a off topic. This site is for opinion and comments. I would rather see people start a new thread for placement questions, such as your on the Hard to place Coverage side of this forum. I hope people would start a new thread when looking for coverage questions. We can help on that site, much easier as many broker don't have time to read all the crap being posted under opinions :roll:
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)