Met Life Retirement Insurance

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

migueloy1
Insurance Journal Fan

Met Life Retirement Insurance

Post by migueloy1 »

My experience with Met Life Retirement: After denying a request for a small withdrawal, they contacted my job so they can investigate why I was asking. If that wasn't awkward enough, I endured a very uncomfortable interview with my job's legal counsel. After that, last December, I decided that I wanted no part of that company so I submitted a transfer to my old company Nationwide Retirement. The transfer got lost somewhere over the rainbow, but eventually my money appeared back at Met Life. I then decided to submit paperwork to try to once more transfer the money to Nationwide. This time everything went well and the money arrived at my Nationwide account. However, someone at Met Life overlooked all the notes they had on the first failed attempt and thought they had overpaid so they placed a stop pay on the second check. My experience with Met Life has been horrible and after plenty of phone calls (Lost time) and over seven months later, I am finally where I want to be, which is away from Met Life's claws! I will never again deal with them nor would I ever recommend them to anyone...
ABMCalifornia
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Met Life Retirement Insurance

Post by ABMCalifornia »

Thanks for taking the time to voice your experience. I've heard plenty of horror stories from clients myself.
The California insurance guy.
http://www.CaliforniaQualityInsurance.com