Med Pay on a Horse Trailer?

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

ishootfriendlies
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Med Pay on a Horse Trailer?

Post by ishootfriendlies »

Quoting an account that has commercial auto. They are not a horse risk, but they have a horse trailer on the policy. The client questioned the quote because the prior agent had Med Pay coverage on the horse trailer. I explained the use of med pay, and how it would not apply to a trailer, unless someone was supposed to ride in the trailer. I was thinking about it though. Is there any situation where you could use med pay on a trailer? I cannot think of one, but maybe someone else can.
Lcan250
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Med Pay on a Horse Trailer?

Post by Lcan250 »

Large gooseneck horse trailers can have rather nice living quarters (bed, kitchen, bathroom).

I would assume that if your, your family or a visitor hurt themselves entering the trailer or once inside the living quarters, you could claim med similar to Med Pay in RV's, right?
ishootfriendlies
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Med Pay on a Horse Trailer?

Post by ishootfriendlies »

Lcan250 wrote: I would assume that if your, your family or a visitor hurt themselves entering the trailer or once inside the living quarters, you could claim med similar to Med Pay in RV's, right?
I am not certain about that. Med pay covers BI caused by an auto accident. If the vehicle is parked, it would be your personal liability or commercial liability that would pay, not auto med pay.