Anyone worked with Consolidated Agency Partners?

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

agentnewbie
Insurance Journal Fan

Anyone worked with Consolidated Agency Partners?

Post by agentnewbie »

Hi,
I'm a new agent and have been looking for clusters that will work with start ups. I came across Consolidated Agency Partners. They seem like a perfect cluster for a start up like mine. Has anyone had any experience with them? Please let me know.

Thanks everyone!
ziiqui
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Anyone worked with Consolidated Agency Partners?

Post by ziiqui »

I was with Superior Access and Consolidated Agency Partners prior to SIAA. I have researched 'Clusters' till I'm blue in the face! CAP basically does all the work for you. In other words, you send them the information and they return a quote within 24 hours!
They are fairly easy to work with. Sometimes, the quote is not all that accurate. Superior Access gives you an EZLynx rater to use. Their system sucks and they are constantly changing the rules for rating different companies. Use them for rating, and every now and then throw them a bone. Write most of your stuff with CAP after you get the rate from Superior Access. It is what it is until you gain enough policies and experience to sign on with the likes of an SIAA!
mightyquinn
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Anyone worked with Consolidated Agency Partners?

Post by mightyquinn »

Never depend on a cluster for wholesaling. We're a CA based wholesale aggregator that can access literally every meaningful surplus lines market and tons of MGA's. You don't have to pay anything per month. You don't have volume requirements. You get 10% commission min unless the gross to us is 10% in which case we still pay no less than 7.5%. We deal in volume and specialize in assisting retail brokers who have few or no admitted relationships. Our markets are not all non-admitted. If you are a new agency with strong client relationships and want to reach the furthest reaches of the P&C market you are an aggregator's dream. If you are in CA and interested email me at chi_mga@yahoo.com .