What is the significance of long term care planning today?

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

mcollins
Insurance Journal Fan

What is the significance of long term care planning today?

Post by mcollins »

A lot of people are starting to show great concern about their future by planning for long term care. I still don't see the point of planning for something that I'm quite sure won't happen to me. I'm in my late 40's and I'm still healthy, I don't have family history, I have enough funds for my retirement. Is this really necessary or one can simply face the future without planning? I would appreciate all your opinion.
racheljames
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: What is the significance of long term care planning toda

Post by racheljames »

It's one of the activities that one shouldn't put off these days. Why? Based on the most recent study, 70% of the adult population in the United States will need long term care. This only shows that people have a high chance of requiring this type of care and spending a huge amount of money just to cover their expenses. Of course, no one wants to find himself in a financial situation and that's why people are encouraged to plan for their future as early as possible. You may be healthy today but you can never be sure what can happen to you tomorrow or in the coming days. Long term care is not just for seniors but also for people who have a disability, injury and illness. In my opinion, long term care planning is necessary today if you want to be financially secured while receiving long term care.