Why I Changed Careers to Sell Life Insurance

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

pyang
Insurance Journal Fan

Why I Changed Careers to Sell Life Insurance

Post by pyang »

Hello everyone,

My name is Par Yang and I'm the co-founder of Peace of Mind Providers. I'm also the author of the upcoming book: How To Protect What Matters Most.

When I was only 10 years old, my mother smuggled me and my ten siblings out of the Communist-controlled jungles of Laos and into America.

Over the years I've faced many of the same challenges you probably have. And just like you I worked hard to create a comfortable life for myself and my family.

I had a devoted husband. I'm a proud mother of three children. And believe it or not, I became a self-made millionaire by the time I turned 21.

I couldn't have asked for more. I had the perfect life. But one day it all got taken away from me with a single telephone call.

My husband, Jeff suffered an accident and remained in a coma for three long years. By the time he died I was homeless, jobless, and broke. My children and I had to squeeze into a tiny apartment and start our lives over from scratch.

All because of one bad decision.

My husband decided to cancel his life insurance policy just a few short months before his accident. I know it seemed logical to him at the time. He was always healthy. Never sick. Why waste money paying for protection he didn't need?

But we DID need it. The unthinkable DID happen. And because he foolishly let his guard down I'm still paying the price.

Needless to say, I still grieve the loss of my husband. But these days I put that energy to good use. It fuels my lifelong mission to help prevent other people's loved ones from ever having to suffer like I did.

Because I experienced the worst-case scenario, I'm in a unique position to help others prepare. I know what steps people need to take to protect themselves, their families, and their incomes - regardless of what the future holds!

That's why I sell life insurance.
Qqueen
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Why I Changed Careers to Sell Life Insurance

Post by Qqueen »

This is very inspiring content and am glad you shared your story. Some people sell insurance policies just to make quick cash but am glad there are agents out there who do it in order to help others make a financially sound decision. Thanks again for sharing your story, you really encouraged me to continue selling life insurance.