Yodle for Marketing?

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

cbevington
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Yodle for Marketing?

Post by cbevington »

I got a call from a guy at Yodle the other day.

http://www.yodle.com/

Has anyone used their service? Feedback positive or negative is welcome.

I believe about 40% of what this guy is telling me. Monthly subscription rate is very high.

I have used 5 different Internet Leads providers in the past three years. My highest close ratio amongst all of them was 14%. So my opinion is that the Internet Leads can work, but it is still a real hustle.

I can see the possibility of working with Yodel for very specific markets. Homeowners who are non-renewed due to a claim, or in a high fire zone. Life Insurance for smokers. I can not see using a service like this for mainstream home and auto. Too much competition on the Internet.

Any thoughts on Yodle are much appreciated. Also would be interested in positive experiences with other third party Internet Lead generation companies out there.

Thank you!
d's insurance store
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Yodle for Marketing?

Post by d's insurance store »

You need to ask Yodle for the name and contact info for some retail insurance agencies they've worked with. Then you need to call and ask all the right questions of the agency principal who contracted with Yodle.

Believe me, if you've found a source for insurance leads that consistently gives you a 14% close ratio, keep sending them your promotional dollars. My key word is consistent. Every insurance lead buyer has little fits and starts that seem to indicate the leads are working, only to revert back to the high failure rate that has been spoken of extensively on this forum. If you're getting 14%, agencies should be calling you for the name of that vendor. 14% would be high even for a contact ratio, let alone a close ratio.
Jeff Farmer
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Jeff Farmer »

Do we still have Yodle up to this date? Do you find them effective?

Jeff Farmer
pageltd
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pageltd »

if you only believe 40% of what they are telling you, that's not good at all.

I would run away...fast!
George Page
www.pageins.com
pageltd
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pageltd »

d's insurance store wrote: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:19 am You need to ask Yodle for the name and contact info for some retail insurance agencies they've worked with. Then you need to call and ask all the right questions of the agency principal who contracted with Yodle.

Believe me, if you've found a source for insurance leads that consistently gives you a 14% close ratio, keep sending them your promotional dollars. My key word is consistent. Every insurance lead buyer has little fits and starts that seem to indicate the leads are working, only to revert back to the high failure rate that has been spoken of extensively on this forum. If you're getting 14%, agencies should be calling you for the name of that vendor. 14% would be high even for a contact ratio, let alone a close ratio.
Are you currently using online leads? If so, which ones?
George Page
www.pageins.com
d's insurance store
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by d's insurance store »

Oh, George...I have pissed away tens of thousands of my hard earned dollars on internet insurance leads...in my own state and other states as well. Not in the past four or five years, but prior to than, I was an admitted lead junkie, trying to make the lead purchases work.

My current conclusion...none of it works on a consistent, long term basis. People come and go in these kinds of insurance forums, plaintively asking if someone knows of a secret lead company that is fair on pricing and good on results. Often the post comes with discouraging stories about feeling ripped off for purchasing leads that range from bad to dreadful.

I think the lead ship has long since sailed. Back in the late 90's, when the internet was still kind of new, leads may have worked, but today? You'd be better off ripping $20 bills in half, standing on a street corner passing out one half and offering the other half to have the prospect come in to your office for a quote.
pageltd
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pageltd »

d's insurance store wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:57 am

Oh, George...I have pissed away tens of thousands of my hard earned dollars on internet insurance leads...in my own state and other states as well. Not in the past four or five years, but prior to than, I was an admitted lead junkie, trying to make the lead purchases work.

My current conclusion...none of it works on a consistent, long term basis. People come and go in these kinds of insurance forums, plaintively asking if someone knows of a secret lead company that is fair on pricing and good on results. Often the post comes with discouraging stories about feeling ripped off for purchasing leads that range from bad to dreadful.

I think the lead ship has long since sailed. Back in the late 90's, when the internet was still kind of new, leads may have worked, but today? You'd be better off ripping $20 bills in half, standing on a street corner passing out one half and offering the other half to have the prospect come in to your office for a quote.
I totally agree. My conclusion....relationships still matter. Best marketing you can do is build relationships. Thanks for your response.
George Page
www.pageins.com