What's hot' right now.

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

CoJones
Insurance Journal Addict

What's hot' right now.

Post by CoJones »

What are your agencies writing right now. What emerging markets are you most excited for this upcoming year.
I know Merchants is looking for restaurants.

Let me know your thoughts...
CoJones
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: What's hot' right now.

Post by CoJones »

Come on guy's...lol What are your marketing rep's bugging you to write... I know they are in your office..
mightyquinn
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by mightyquinn »

CoJones wrote:Come on guy's...lol What are your marketing rep's bugging you to write... I know they are in your office..

Are you serious? Insurers still have marketing reps? I thought that those positions went out about 25 years ago and that their "duties" were folded into those of underwriters or direct writers' agents. Marketing reps were loss centers instead of profit centers and specialized in lunches and alcohol consumption. After years of most of us knowing that most managements finally caught on.

After 45 years in this business I guess that there is always something to astound me.

Post by CoJones »

mightyquinn wrote:
CoJones wrote:Come on guy's...lol What are your marketing rep's bugging you to write... I know they are in your office..

Are you serious? Insurers still have marketing reps? I thought that those positions went out about 25 years ago and that their "duties" were folded into those of underwriters or direct writers' agents. Marketing reps were loss centers instead of profit centers and specialized in lunches and alcohol consumption. After years of most of us knowing that most managements finally caught on.

After 45 years in this business I guess that there is always something to astound me.
Lol your mighty funny Quinn
mightyquinn
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by mightyquinn »

.......and very accurate.
Producer #1
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Producer #1 »

SECURA Specialty is hot with writing fitness clubs in WI, IL, MN, ND, IA, IN, MI, KY, AZ and CO. They kick the pants of the other carriers with coverage and price.
yoyowordup
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by yoyowordup »

Producer #1 wrote:SECURA Specialty is hot with writing fitness clubs in WI, IL, MN, ND, IA, IN, MI, KY, AZ and CO. They kick the pants of the other carriers with coverage and price.
And they usually don't ask for loss runs so make sure and go there if you have problems. Do it now because they won't be competitive for long.
Producer #1
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Producer #1 »

My experience has been totally different than your comment. I found their underwriters to be smart and helpful. Yes, they did ask for loss runs.