Need advise here regarding GEICO refusal to pay claim!

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

hipokets
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

GEICO refusal to pay claim..

Post by hipokets »

Someone doesn't always have to have an attorney. I know this for fact because I took on the State of Texas on an issue. No attorney. Was advised I would never get results. Bottom line..they were wrong. Took me 10 months...but it was fixed. I guess we'll know as soon as I get the results back from the appeal. I'll keep you posted.
Brandy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Brandy »

You could try holding the Gecko hostage :lol:
hipokets
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

GEICO refusal to pay claim..

Post by hipokets »

*laffin* and I could pull off his tail and send it to them to let them know I mean business! :lol:
thomas_j2
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Need advise here regarding GEICO refusal to pay claim!

Post by thomas_j2 »

I'm new here.... I have the same problem with Geico. I was recently rear ended by a Geico insured, although the damage was minimum, I wasn't looking to pay a deductable for a collision that was not my fault. I followed Geico's steps online to get my vehicle repaired. I provided the police report, dealer estimate and other information they required. several weeks past, and the Geico insured still has not reported the accident to Geico. I called Geico and asked them if their policy holder has contacted them yet about this accident and they said no. Geico assured me they would get in contact with him soon. After another two weeks has pasted I called again and Geico informed me that they are refusing to pay the claim because the policy holder said he never collided with my car. Of course I was furious after all these months following-up providing all that information and calling, pulse Geico's refusal to pay my claim I was very angry. I am presently taking the Geico policy holder to small claims court to recover the damages made to my vehicle. Is there anyone out there that can give me any suggestions?
ediddy
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by ediddy »

I am convinced that delaying or denying a claim is standard procedure with GEICO. I read where Warren Buffet stated that owning an insurance company was the best cash cow you could own. You have all the premiums and can invest the money before you have to pay claims. I have two claims at present where GEICO is at fault and won't pay. The first, my insured was traveling on a main highway when he came to an intersection where a road crossed the highway. The GEICO vehicle was supposed to stop at the intersection. The driver never even slowed but ran through the stop sign and hit my insured. My insured has a totaled vehicle and a $20,000 hospital bill. First GEICO offered my insured $1,000 for bodily injury. He told them this was an insult and he wouldn't accept. Gotta go called back and offered $1,300. He refused. He then received a letter stating that gotta go has an exclusion 12.1 that states this claim comes under the federal tort claims act of 1946 so my insured has to go to the federal government for payment. The gotta go insured was in the military in his personal car and was on personal time. Search the federal tort claims act of 1946 and you will see the act applies if the driver is operating their vehicle in the course of their employment. It is a stretch for gotta go to say this act applies. I received another claim last week where gotta go's driver was at fault but not listed as a driver so they are denying. Every company in Georgia will tell you that you can't deny a claim because of an unlisted driver. Someone needs to do something to gotta go.
lonestar
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by lonestar »

Gotta Go is supported by people that care about rate only, and don't care about how claims are paid. Their mentality has "gone and went" by choosing to buy through "Gotta Go"!
gregcw
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by gregcw »

While I agree with all of the above comments I'm not really adding anything except that I feel and have felt for some time, that it is appropriate that GEICO's mascot is a lizard! I'm sorry if this is too sarcastic.
Gregcw