Applied EPIC vs. antivirus

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

willahlborn
Insurance Journal Fan

Applied EPIC vs. antivirus

Post by willahlborn »

Hello, I hope some of you may have some insight to a problem we're having. Our agency recently adopted Applied EPIC and are having conflicts between the software and our anti-virus programs (AVG). Applied will not vouch for any particular anti-virus software, they simply state "exclude the c:\ASI directory and it will work". It doesn't. Epic will only function when we disable important functionality, like email scanning and heuristic scanning. So. Here's my question.

Who is using EPIC successfully with a locally installed anti-virus? Which anti-virus are you using, and did you need to configure any special settings to get it to work? Thanks in advance for any help!!
gforaker
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Applied EPIC vs. antivirus

Post by gforaker »

Lots of agents use Sophos or Norton successfully. I can't imagine that you are unable to add safe areas to AVG. It definitely sounds like an AVG problem. Try asking the question on the Applied User Group newsgroups.
willahlborn
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by willahlborn »

This site is using Kaseya for remote IT Management... and it comes bundled with a custom version of AVG. Limited configuration options. I can switch to Kaspersky but those are the only two options, pretty much.
OldIndyAgent
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by OldIndyAgent »

Dump AVG and FAST, it is probably their issue. We have seen them have all kinds of issues with other software.

HUGE liability issue for you---
AVG was just cited to be SECRETLY recording and sending your data off. RUN, RUN FAST!!!

I would recommend Mbam from Malwarebytes, Kapersky, etc. Stay away from Symantic/Norton, more issues with software conflicts.
willahlborn
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by willahlborn »

Good news everyone!

Switched to Kaspersky on one machine and excluded the c:\asi directory. EPIC works fine. For future reference, if anyone has issues getting EPIC file transfer to work, I'd recommend switching your Antivirus to Kaspersky. Others may work also, but I didn't get a chance to try them.
yoyowordup
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by yoyowordup »

For all things Applied Systems, go to www.appliedusers.ca

This is a forum used by the people that run the technology at Applied agencies across the US and Canada. Great bunch of people.