EZLynx Management System

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

goldenarms123
Insurance Journal Fan

EZLynx Management System

Post by goldenarms123 »

I wanted to get your guys opinion about EZLynx. I started at a brand new agency over a year ago and the manager decided to go with EZLynx as our agency management system. In the beginning, everything was fine and dandy. As time went on, more and more errors would present themselves when doing quotes. Starting to turn into a pain. Is there a better system out there? I'm not too familiar with others out there.
Family Select Insurance

6409 Dutchmans Pkwy
Louisville KY 40205
502-454-7283
OldIndyAgent
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: EZLynx Management System

Post by OldIndyAgent »

They all suck. Hasn't been a decent quoting system that would get better than 90% since 2000.
TheInsKid
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by TheInsKid »

Well I have to tell you that we use Semcat, and we have had great success with using it. The system is very different than any other raters that we have used in the past. In my opinion, we have found Semcat to work very well and the Semcat employees have been great to work with. Perhaps this could be an alternative for others as it has been for us :D
OldIndyAgent
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by OldIndyAgent »

We looked at that as well. IMHO, HUGE problems with liability and storing my data on third party servers, etc. What happens with a breach on their end... I think they will leave you holding the bag. And then there is the whole question of selling the data from my quotes to carriers...what the heck is up with that? I think EZLynz and AMS sell this data too.
vla01001
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by vla01001 »

Common now, you cant even compare Ezy linx to Semcat. Just download the Semcat app and you will see. It looks nice, it functions very well and the quotes are not done based on the rates carriers submit to the state insurance department (most raters use those rates, which are often outdated), but instead it gets the rates by directly connecting to the carrier's web site. Use Semcat, definitely the best on the market.
OldIndyAgent
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by OldIndyAgent »

It is my understanding the Semcat scrapes the carrier without most carriers consent. A clear issue of liability for the agent and a violation of the agent contract with the carrier. EzLynx also did this in the past but I think they use ACORD Realtime mostly now, which means they have signed a contract with the carrier and the agent is ok.