FLORIDA Captive vs Independent

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

mjp1017
Insurance Journal Fan

FLORIDA Captive vs Independent

Post by mjp1017 »

I currently live in another state but am moving to FL hopefully this year. My company does note write insurance in FL so I am looking for something different. My current company gives you a book of business after you work your behind off the first couple years of getting base pay + commission and prove yourself. I have a few books of business as well as the one that I built.

I am looking to see what is out there in FL. I have been doing research and just don't know where to begin. I currently sell home, auto, life annuities, commercial and I love the fact that I can do all of those. It seems like a lot of the companies in FL that do give you a book of business, or let you buy it by reduced commissions the first few years (service it) only do home, auto OR commercial OR life.

I also am contemplating buying a book of business and can come up with some money to buy a book if needed. Just don't know where to begin. I know I am spoiled where I am at now which makes it harder. :lol:
mjlane
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: FLORIDA Captive vs Independent

Post by mjlane »

If you are looking for something in South West Florida I would be happy to speak with you.

Would advise not buying a book of business until you understand the Florida Market.