New Agency Management System

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

colesmom29
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by colesmom29 »

I am an AMS Prime user, and am still struggling with finding a new program that will meet our needs. Can anyone tell me if there is a program out there that is somewhat similar to AMS Prime that is geared towards commercial agencies? Or, if you have moved from Prime as well, where did you go?
Thanks!
Church Ins Agent
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: New Agency Management System

Post by Church Ins Agent »

We're a small all commercial lines office that used Prime for years and have moved to Newton by Agency Systems a couple of years ago and are very pleased with it. Not only does it work better than Prime but costs less for our needs. Their service is great as I can pick up the phone and get help almost immediately when needed (which isn't much). Go to http://www.agencysystems.com to find out more.
TheInsKid
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by TheInsKid »

We were a PRIME user for many years, moved to Nexsure 2 years ago and could not be happier. The system does everything we need and found it to be much less expensive that nearly every other system after you compare all of the "add on's" by the major vendors. Our agency handles approx. 23K policies a mix of personal lines and small commercial. Good hunting!
harlangarrett
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by harlangarrett »

The agency that I am at changed from Applied TAM to Applied Epic two years ago. Epic is very powerful and customizable; however, you will need someone tech savvy to make any of the back end changes and do any templates changes from the base Epic templates. We are P&C and PL agency and this works very well for us.
colesmom29
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by colesmom29 »

Thank you all for the responses, I will check these out and keep my fingers crossed, lol.
Smalltownagent
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Smalltownagent »

We're moving from AgencyPro (AgencySoftware) to QQCatalyst by QQSolutions. It blew me away with its capability. Only drawback is we're having to move our accounting to Quickbooks because QQ Catalyst doesn't have its own general ledger/accounting system.

I'd look into Catalyst if I were you.
gforaker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by gforaker »

I need to point out that the original poster wanted a commercial lines agency solution. A vendor that only relies on Quickbooks for accounting is definitely a system for small personal lines or at least direct bill agencies only.
Smalltownagent
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Smalltownagent »

gforaker - You are totally right, I didn't read the OP's post closely enough. Catalyst wouldn't be a good fit for a primarily commercial lines driven agency.
VertaforeInc
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by VertaforeInc »

colesmom29 - We’ve got a bunch of great agency management systems between QQSolutions and Vertafore. If you could email me at information@vertafore.com, I’ll have one of our reps walk you through a few options that best suits your needs. Thanks!