AMS360 Classic View gone?

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Einstein
Insurance Journal Fan

AMS360 Classic View gone?

Post by Einstein »

Is anyone else upset that AMS360's Classic View is gone or is it just my agency? I logged on today only to find that apparently Vertafore decided to only offer the NextGen view now and it just looks horrible and convoluted. They also took away the Sales Chart! If this is how it is going to be we'll start looking at other systems this week because this thing is now awful.
OldIndyAgent
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: AMS360 Classic View gone?

Post by OldIndyAgent »

I swear that Applied has moles inside AMS, because the alternative, is that AMS just hires some really dumb executives without insurance knowledge...
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pita3333 »

Einstein:

The move to NextGen has been a many years long project and earlier this year your admin person was notified that classic would be gone when you got the 2016 update. Then two weeks before you got the update your admin contact was notified of the exact date it would be rolled to your agency.

I am happy that classic is gone. NextGen is much more productive! Even just the addition of the summaries on the policy view are enough of a reason to be jumping for joy...but there are more improvements. Also, with NextGen (and 2016 update) you can run AMS360 in Chrome and Firefox. Also can run it in W10.
Michael Trouillon
Greater Los Angeles area

Consultant/Trainer agency automation system

Industry since 82

Past: Compliance Mgr master pol pgm, Ops Mgr, Marketing Mgr, Account Mgr
Einstein
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Einstein »

Glad to hear Pita you like the NextGen view. Not one of my team members like it though. My search is on for a new system. NextSure and EPIC so far look much better - decisions decisions.
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pita3333 »

Einstein:

Contact me directly and I will give you a free 60 minute demonstration of how NextGen is better.
Michael Trouillon
Greater Los Angeles area

Industry since 82

Einstein
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Einstein »

A sincere thank you Pita3333 for the offer but I don't want to waste your time since we aren't in any way shape of form keeping the system with the NextGen view. NextSure is really growing on my agency so we'll see.
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pita3333 »

So Einstein, let me make sure I understand your position.
You are not happy with a newer version of your agency automation system being rolled out, basically because you do not know how to understand them. I get that.

So your reaction is to move to a completely new system...the workflows of which are all unfamiliar to you. Which means you will have to spend a good amount of time going through a migration. Which costs money and more importantly time...not just time in just the migration process but also time in the measure of lost productivity.

Remember that the only thing that changed is the way the information is displayed. It is still the same exact information and in most cases in the same exact layout. None of the workflows have changed.

Oh...and the other thing that changed is now you are not chained to only using Internet Explorer to view your data. You can use Chrome and Firefox as well.

I do not like everything that Vertafore does, but I do like that they are moving forward and using new technology when it becomes available.

My offer still stands. Happy to show you a few things about NextGen that totally make it worth it. Heck even just the new summaries at the policy display level save an incredible amount of time (no more flipping views!) and reduce frustration. Or how about all my "view options" are now at the top of the screens instead of at the bottom, saving me from all that scrolling. At the end of that time you will see that it does exactly the same thing as it did before, just looks a lil bit different.

Full disclosure, it occurred to me that I had not changed my posting signature in a bit. As I spend all of my time helping agencies and users with AMS360 as an independent trainer/consultant.
Michael Trouillon
Greater Los Angeles area

Industry since 82

Croberts24
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Croberts24 »

Einstein - I've got no dog in this hunt but I have got to agree with Michael. I think speaking with him could very well be worth your while. And I have NO relation to Michael other than via LinkedIn. Transitions to new systems can be extremely painful and expensive. Good, Luck,
Casey
Einstein
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Einstein »

pita3333 wrote:So Einstein, let me make sure I understand your position.
You are not happy with a newer version of your agency automation system being rolled out, basically because you do not know how to understand them. I get that.

So your reaction is to move to a completely new system...the workflows of which are all unfamiliar to you. Which means you will have to spend a good amount of time going through a migration. Which costs money and more importantly time...not just time in just the migration process but also time in the measure of lost productivity.

Remember that the only thing that changed is the way the information is displayed. It is still the same exact information and in most cases in the same exact layout. None of the workflows have changed.

Oh...and the other thing that changed is now you are not chained to only using Internet Explorer to view your data. You can use Chrome and Firefox as well.

I do not like everything that Vertafore does, but I do like that they are moving forward and using new technology when it becomes available.

My offer still stands. Happy to show you a few things about NextGen that totally make it worth it. Heck even just the new summaries at the policy display level save an incredible amount of time (no more flipping views!) and reduce frustration. Or how about all my "view options" are now at the top of the screens instead of at the bottom, saving me from all that scrolling. At the end of that time you will see that it does exactly the same thing as it did before, just looks a lil bit different.

Full disclosure, it occurred to me that I had not changed my posting signature in a bit. As I spend all of my time helping agencies and users with AMS360 as an independent trainer/consultant.
Appreciate your training offer Michael and would hate to take your time so let me just ask you this very simple question: WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE THE SALES CHARTS? How do I know how many policies we have written in any given month? Where are the charts? Because according to Vertafore reps I can't even tell how many policies we have written for example in July!!! Again, this is according to Vertafore CSRs.
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pita3333 »

Einstein:

So did you ever trust those graphs? Yes they are gone, but the reports that they were based on are not gone.

If I want to see how many policies I have in force, I run an expiration report, push to excel and then verify the information. Typically I will have policies still marked "active" that are not "active". Why? because the staff member responsible has not completed the process.

How many policies I have written in a given month? Presuming here you mean how much new biz I/we did. Again, the chart gone (and was never very active either) but report is still around. I would run a new biz report (from the new reports) or transaction report for new biz. Be warned that the New Biz report will not show DB due to the lag in DB revenue processing. But the transaction report will show as long as the transaction is completed.

BTW, have you been checking your download report for those transactions showing New Biz (to the carrier) but are really renewals to you? Because that skews the information in a bad way. If you are not doing that, I hope you do not pay your producers a higher split for NB then RN..because if you do, very likely been overpaying them.

Want to know where premium and revenue values pull from for each report...get your hands on the "AMS360 Premiums" worksheet. Can find in support...or I can send it to you via email.

Bottom line...don't trust the nice graphics and pictures (graphs) unless you know where they pull from and that you are processing correctly.
Michael Trouillon
Greater Los Angeles area

Industry since 82

Einstein
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Einstein »

Those sales charts Michael worked beautifully. Nothing wrong with them.

But it is a moot point now, decision was made to move to NexSure. With NexSure we'll be able to text customers from our desktops and I will have the charts!

End/thread.