"Pay As You Go" Work Comp

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

mypaperlessoffice
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: "Pay As You Go" Work Comp

Post by mypaperlessoffice »

www.mypaperlessoffice.com
We provide payroll services for the payroll deduction workers comp program. We can work with any of your current insurance carriers. The system also come with benefit enrollment, time clock and HRIS for a very low price.
InsuranceDave
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by InsuranceDave »

gbrach
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by gbrach »

Some insurance companies are starting to provide pay as you go workers compensationbilling options whereby the policyholder submits either the payroll file (including Quickbooks) or a spreadsheet or manually enters the payroll information. This alleviates the need to get the payroll company involved. The Hartford offer a manual entry option only and companies such as KeyRisk, Preferred and Eastern Alliance offer all three options. Agents do not need to get involved after selling the policy as administration is performed by the policyholder and carrier.
themaplewoodgroup
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by themaplewoodgroup »

We write a lot of business with our several PAYGO markets for our retail agents nationwide. One of the best aspects of our PAYGO programs is that we can write almost any class code, in any state with almost any X mod.(subject to minimum premiums, usually $25K).

PAYGO also allows us to quote options ,such as Guaranteed Cost, Deductables and Retros.

Anyway, it has worked for us and our retail agent clients.
The Maplewood Group
740-321-1137 (O)
740-321-1191 (F)
jackolive
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by jackolive »

Sounds like an interesting program. I wonder if the commission on your end is affected by it in any way. I hope you don't mind if i steal this idea and bring it up on the next board meeting :)
gbrach
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by gbrach »

There is a new model being used by some carriers (KeyRisk, Preferred, Eastern Alliance) whereby the customer or their payroll firm submits the payroll information directly to the insurance company who calculates the earned premium and then automatically deducts the cash via ACH. The process is simple and straightforward for the policy holder and doesn't require the agent to do anything except designate the policy as pay as you go billing.
dmalloy
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by dmalloy »

We have been offering a Pay As You Go approach - PMC PayGo, for nearly 2 yrs. It is avaialble/approved with 3 National Carriers and growing. Available for self reporting or integrated with a payroll vendor. Very flexible and insureds enjoy the ease of use and improved cash flow benefit. You can see our press release from last year with our lead national provider.
http://www.pmcinsurance.com/docs/PMC%20 ... hartis.pdf
jlkearns
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by jlkearns »

Hi Everyone,

For everyone still following this email thread, I would like to introduce myself.

I am Jeffrey Kearns - CEO of National CMServices, Inc.

We are currently providing over 3,000 agents and their clients with our Pay-As-You-Go Workers' Comp Insurance programs.

As I have seen stated in some of the emails above, one of the biggest issues is for your clients having to have to use the payroll services to gain access to the Pay-As-You-Go Workers Comp Insurance.

We have solved that issue for all of you. Our Pay-As-You-Go Workers' Comp programs do not require payroll services and are Deposit Free and in most cases Audit Free.

I would love the opportunity to discuss our program with each and every one of you.

Please call me at 636-447-4939 or email me at jlkearns@nationalcmservices.com.

I look forward to speaking with each of you.
saabins
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by saabins »

I have worked with a couple of WC carriers that offers the pay as you go feature and my client loved it. It means that they are paying @ month based on their exact payroll and will not be hit at policy expiration with a big AP. I had a few clients that would just go online and plug in the class code and payroll, the system automatically calculates the premium, and you pay it online. and you're done. it was so simple and efficient. I think you have to use a company that offers the online monthly audit. I also offer it as an option to my clients.
PLCinsurancetraining
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by PLCinsurancetraining »

paulhalter wrote:The Resourcing Solutions Group, Inc. (http://www.trsginc.com) has a program whereby the independent insurance agency benefits from having its own 'private labeled payroll program'. The program allows the agency the ability to offer pay-as-you-go WC, GL and EPLI through the private label arrangement. This permits the client o benefit from the cash flow of payroll deducted insurance while also earning a fee on the administrative fees for processing payroll. The agency owns the payroll book of business. The Resourcing Solutions Group provides all the administration services as the backroom TPA at no charge to the agency. This program is different than partnering with other national payroll vendors because it is the agency's branding AND the agency owns the book much like expirations.
My E & O Alarm is ringing. If I am understanding this correctly, and Agents and Brokers can be in the payroll business as private label you may want to check your E & O policy to see if this would be covered or most propbably would require an additional endorsement or language modification in the E & O Policy. If that is not what you are saying here... then in the words of the great Gilda Radner....NEVERMIND.
Steve Scheu
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Steve Scheu »

Appreciate the conversation about pay-as-you-go. Just wanted to give you a perspective from the payroll industry side. We operate a successful payroll processing firm, Time & Pay, servicing clients in 40 states. And we push pay-as-you-go whenever we can as to us it is a win for all involved...a no brainer. We operate on the Millennium payroll paltform, one of the best in the nation for payroll service providers. We offer a true pay-as-you-go option. We work directly with the Hartford or Insurelinx, but are able to work with local Hartford agents without taking them out of the revenue loop. We do not want any income from the agent for offering the program. We just want programs that our good for a clients and thus will help retain them for the long term.
You have to work with a qualaified payroll system to offer a true pay-as-you-go option because the insurance co. has to have direct access to payroll records. We are not in the insurance business nor do we want to be in the insurance business. Payroll is enough! Unlike ADP or Paychex! We have talked to numerous agencies who have worked with ADP or Paychex who woke up one day only to find they had lost all their insurance business to ADP/Paychex, because those 2 are in the insurance business.
If you want to learn more about how you can offer a true pay-as-you-go wc option and want to work with a qualified payroll processor that will work with you at no cost, contact me at sscheu@timeandpay.com or visit our web site at http://www.timeandpay.com. Like it seems to most of these "posters", pay-as-you-go is here to stay and will grow in usage.
Steve Scheu
sscheu@timeandpay.com
"Why do payroll any other way?"
JoelSlatis
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by JoelSlatis »

We offer a wage report for the purpose of "pay as you go" workers comp reporting. We aren't a payroll company, so customers can really work with any payroll provider they want. Our report basically takes payroll providers out of the loop entirely, and we don't charge for the report either - it's free.

We're a web based time tracking company. Since we have all the same data as payroll, we can produce a wage report suitable for WC reporting requirements, in just about any format, and for no extra cost. For more information about this, check out our web site at Timesheets.com.
BobyMurfy
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by BobyMurfy »

Can i get help from this company regarding young drivers car insurance ? I need to compare with my current service provider.
InsuranceTrak
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by InsuranceTrak »

Pay as you go workers compensation, or paygo workers comp for short, is a unique workers compensation billing program that InsuranceTrak offers through its software as a service, TrakPay. Trakpay is a robust, pay as you go workers comp software, that integrates with multiple WC insurance carriers and payroll services.

For more info, go to https://www.trakpay.com