Android Applications/Insurance Related

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Santa Rosa Ins Broker
Insurance Journal Addict

Android Applications/Insurance Related

Post by Santa Rosa Ins Broker »

I am looking for Android Applications that apply to task we perform as Insurance Brokers.

Share the top 1 or 2 applications you are using and how you are using them to grow your insurance sales!!
beyert1
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Android Applications/Insurance Related

Post by beyert1 »

I have an android tablet and love it. Many of the companies are slowly coming out with applications but you are limited. Now, as for the iPad, there are applications but they are geared towards the client and not the agent. The agent's main link is the web and with some of the browsers used in the android operating system they have problems. If you have not purchased a tablet yet and you want the android, I would make sure it has Andriod Honeycomb 3.x. Honeycomb is designed for the table and not for cell phones. All earlier versions are desgined for the cell phone only and have a hard time working on tablets. I have the Acer tablet which has worked very well for me.

The iPad is a great device but you run into limitations because you are unable to print on it and some Adobe products do not work on it. However, with the android you are able to print and flash does work on there. But, you do run into issues with the browser. You would think since Google owns Honeycomb they would have a browser but they do not as of yet. But with the iPad you run into the same problem with connection to websites due to the sites not working with Apple's Safari browser.

I would try them out in the store. See if you can go to the website there. I have used my on a limited basis as of yet knowing it was new technology in regards to my business. Many of my companies reps have come by asking me to try out their sites to see if it will work. I am going to be working with several of my companies IT dept's to see how things work as well. So, they are trying but it will just take time.
robmejia
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by robmejia »

I have seen some insurance android apps especially for agents but I don't know if it's worth downloading though. Anyone of you have tried out pocketagent yet?
chizcurlz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by chizcurlz »

I saw this in a TV show. Some people developed android applications as well as iPhone apps for insurance agents, brokers, and adjusters as well to help their daily task. Some tools that I heard are like maps where you see a specific location where people aren't yet dealing with any insurance quotes and other related to insurance. I think this is a private app from an insurance firm or something. I'm not pretty sure but it is something like this.
chizcurlz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by chizcurlz »

SEHmobile and StateFarm Pocket Agent are among the android apps that have been used by some insurance agents.
sethm
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sethm »

There are quite a number of insurance-related Android applications that can be downloaded for free online. There are paid ones too. I've seen a long list at androidzoom.com/free_android_applications/Insurance - most of them are designed to help agents and provide insurance resources.
Santa Rosa Ins Broker
Insurance Journal Addict

Thanks Sethm, but checked the first 18 pages of all the android apps, nothing of value for what I do. Some apps were online magazines, many were for claimants who needed to enter accident issues. Most of them were for Agents/Brokerages where propective customers could enter details to get quotes.
jcardrant
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by jcardrant »

Also - if anyone is interested. Insurance Journal has iPhone, iPad and Android apps available for free:
http://www.insurancejournal.com/apps/
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ijmagazi ... ?mt=8&ls=1
FactsofLife
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by FactsofLife »

Perhaps the lack of any appreciable apps will lead one of us to design one. That elicits questions of what makes a good app and what is valuable to a broker/agent in an app? I have thought of this before and could think of very few benefits in an app that are not already available in other apps (e.g. Google Maps, Dropbox, Latitude, etc.). What would be better is to have your own agency app that is available to your customers. Then the question is whether that brings enough value to your clients to justify the costs of development.
Santa Rosa Ins Broker
Insurance Journal Addict

Here are a few that Steve Anderson of Tech Tips identified in a Survey to his readers.

Evernote: Available on any device; Mac desktop to Win desktop as well as phone (Android & iPhone) and Tables (iPad & Android). "I store all customer documents, images there."

DropBox: Allows file transfer from PC to iPad very easily.

Handysign: "I have customers sign applications on my iPad using this app."

Penultimate: An application that allows you to hand write notes during initial visit with the client and store the information.

LogMeIn: Allows remote access to a work personal computer.

PDF Expert: Allows you to annotate in markup PDF documents.

Dragon Dictation: Use when typing is too slow. A great app for sending emails when you can't type very fast.
jonshaw
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by jonshaw »

Please feel free to down load my iPhone or android app

Go to either iphone app store or android google play and search for

Term life insurance USA

An app called Life Ins is free to download

Or go to out website

www.shawamerican.com or reply to this for help we just uploaded last week. Tell me how you like it !
mangroveman
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by mangroveman »

My company is in the development stages of iPhone/android apps geared towards producers. Any suggestions on what ya'll would like to see in these apps would be much appreciated.

-Bob
For information on Agent/Agency Marketing and Sales vist http://www.epicagentmarketing.com.