Social Media and its potential

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

If you are a retail agency, are you utilizing Social Media?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:27 pm

We are using all forms of social media.
15%
We are using some forms of social media.
62%
We are using no social media currently.
23%
We would like to use social media, but don't know how to begin.
No votes

Total votes: 13

Warnner
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Social Media and its potential

Post by Warnner »

“Why is social media so popular in higher education? Well, this is one of those cases where we have to be where our students are,” said Deborah Gonzalez, Esq., founder of Law2sm, a legal consulting firm specializing in digital and social media. “In many ways, we see social media as being a different world, but our students see it as just a part of their world.
JasonBHBCo
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by JasonBHBCo »

I know there is a quick survey at the top of this thread, but I'd like to throw out a bit more of a questionnaire...
If you'd like to share what is working with you, and more importantly, like to hear what works at other agencies (and companies), I invite you to participate in a short survey we put together. The survey covers the use of social media and online marketing and will help (the collective) us gather useful, real data on what the industry is doing in this area.
All responses (and your information) is strictly private, but once we analyze and collate all the responses, we will publish the results to everyone who participated (and answered at least a majority of the questions!)
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/656279/So ... -Real-Deal
I thank you in advance for your participation (if you choose to do so)!
Regards,
Jason
robmejia
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by robmejia »

The use of social media is very advantageous given that most tools are for FREE. So why hesitate on using this kind of marketing tool when you need not shell out any money? Plus, almost everyone is into it already. With social media, you'll be able to target a huge number of people efficiently.
csrsd
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by csrsd »

I started a Facebook page a few months ago for our agency. My boss noted that when a person goes to the page, on the right hand side are a bunch of ads for other insurance agencies. So, this would seem to defeat the purpose unless one is willing to pay for ads.
chizcurlz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by chizcurlz »

Now that Social Media plays a big part in search engine result pages, it indicates that businesses should use this to increase their popularity and authority as well.
johnsharp
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by johnsharp »

I've made a video on how to add these tabs or buttons to your business facebook page.

Here is the url: http://agencyupdates.com/how-to-create- ... book-page/

In the video there are instructions on how to do it exactly but if you have questions email me. johnsharp@sharpmktg.com

To answer the question, yes Facebook can enhance your business greatly if used right.
John Sharp
Mega Agency Marketing
http://agencyupdates.com
"59 Ways To Attract All The Insurance Clients You Need"
scojo415
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by scojo415 »

What exactly does "All Forms of Social Media" mean anyways?
mccluney
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by mccluney »

Social Media is what the millennials use. They do not have landlines or know what a phonebook is. Social media is what agents have to use especially for future growth. However, opening up the use of posting information could lead to big E&O problems. As with any communication, one has to be careful that information given is not misconstrued.
socal401
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by socal401 »

Now that Social Media plays a big part in search engine result pages, it indicates that businesses should use this to increase their popularity and authority as well.
Agreed, social media accounts such as FB, twitter, instagram etc produce trust in the eyes of Google which play a big part in SEO. Also, if trying to rank for a local business these social profiles create business citations which can help a local business show up in the Google's "3 pack" (top 3 local business results at the top of the the search results).