MGA in California

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

joey52
Insurance Journal Addict

MGA in California

Post by joey52 »

I am an agent with one of the big 3 in CA. I come across business that my company won't take or we are way out of the ball park on price. Can anyone reccomend a few good MGA's. Thanks
michelelepstein
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: MGA in California

Post by michelelepstein »

What type of accounts are you looking to refer?
Will_Hullinger
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Will_Hullinger »

With over 40 years of service to our retail producers A&M has many markets with which to place your business. Our website is one way we can serve you. It provides online rating, applications, and processing for our Personal Umbrella and many of our other products. For California producers, we have excellent markets for most Personal and Commercial lines including products that compete with standard carriers. Our Personal Umbrella Program is available in all states except Louisiana and we are proud that it is endorsed by the Big "I" and IBA West.

Email addresses for submissions can be found here.
We also accept faxed applications (323) 255-0957 or if you prefer a phone quote just call 1 800 234-6977.
x 220 for Commercial
x 250 for Personal Lines
x 260 for Personal Umbrella & Excess
We are available from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm PDT.

Our goal, upon submission you will be contacted by an experienced underwriter within one business day.

I hope this helps and if you would like to give us a try, feel free to call me directly (1 800 234-6977 x 211) I'll be more than happy to walk you through our process. With no minimums, new producers to A&M can begin the process by completing this webpage.

Will Hullinger
Manager - Business Development
Anderson & Murison, Inc.
Lic # 0323106
pcock1
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by pcock1 »

looking for outside markets A&M is the way to go i have used them for years and they provide great service if you have problems dave anderson will get them squared away. SP in san jose
ckerrigan
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by ckerrigan »

Hi Joey 52 ~

We are an MGA in California, but we do offer programs in other states as well. The nice thing about Tangram is that we do not charge a broker fee. You can learn more about Tangram by going to our website at: http://www.tangramins.com. We have our requirements for submissions, submissions email address and most of our supplementals online. You can also rate the contractor's preferred program on our website. Here is more on Tangram below.......

Tangram Insurance Services is a full service managing general underwriter and alternative risk program manager. Working with insurance agents and brokers, we specialize in the development and management of insurance programs for industries and groups. In addition, we have extensive experience developing and implementing captive, rent-a-captive, and self-insured programs for groups, brokers and single entity risks.

Services & Programs Offered:

Contractors Preferred Program (GL for General Contractors & Artisans) - rating online or email submissions accepted
Painter's Preferred (GL Program for Painting Contractors)
Port-O-Gard Program (Package, Auto, Umbrella & Work Comp program for the portable sanitation industry)
Janitorial Services Package Program (Package, Auto, Umbrella program for commercial janitorial businesses)
Workers Compensation for over 500 class codes
Workers Compensation program for Not for Profit Organizations (Exclusive Program ~ Communtity First)
Property Owners Package Program (for lessors risk only inteded for large property owners and/or property managers - habitational and/or mixed use)
Social Service Agencies Package Program (for profit or non profit)
Allied Health Program (Gl/PL for home health care, hospice, diagnostic testing
BOP Markets (Hartford & CNA)
Alternatice Risk Design & Consultation

Please keep in mind that we CHARGE NO FEES, so if you’re accessing any of the above mentioned coverages through another wholesaler or MGA, they are most likely charging you a fee.

Submissions Via Email

Of course you can always submit an application to us via email at submissions@tangramins.com. Once your submission is received, you will receive an email confirmation of whom your underwriter will be and the contact information. In your submission, please include acords, supplemental & currently valued loss runs of atleast 4 years.

Please feel free to contact me at (800) 676-2213 ext. 672 or visit our website at http://www.tangramins.com for more information or any questions you may have.

If you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me, my name is Christina Kerrigan.