Want to be challenged every day? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit! When someone needs insurance coverage for the unique, the unusual, or the unconventional, they come to Burns & Wilcox. Our Assistant Underwriters directly service a book of business under the supervision of an Underwriter, offering the opportunity to learn the specialty insurance business and career advancements into an Underwriter role. Interested? Join our team!
- Service a book of business under the direct supervision of an underwriter
- Log applications, prepare binders, and process policies and endorsements
- Bind risk, post the invoice and process technical data
- Screen renewal applications and send out renewal letters; perform some of the underwriting and prepare quotes for underwriter approval
- Assist with new business development
- Order and follow up on inspections and handle endorsement requests and referrals for the underwriter
- Manage relationships with retail agents and follow up on any outstanding information needed to complete the underwriting file
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Insurance experience in underwriting and/or brokerage support with excess & surplus lines preferred
- Sales & marketing experience preferred
- Be technologically savvy and data driven
- Competitive base compensation
- Health benefits & 401K with employer match
- Employer paid continuing education courses and designations
- Many opportunities for career advancement
This is an outstanding opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, drive for career advancement, and desire to develop relationships while growing a book of business.
About Our Company
Burns & Wilcox is the nation's largest independent wholesale insurance broker and underwriting manager. In 1969, the late Herbert W. Kaufman recognized an opportunity to fill a void in the industry by establishing Burns & Wilcox as a wholesale brokerage and underwriting organization that would provide brokers and agents with unique access to a variety of insurance markets and help place their specialty risks. Today under the leadership of Mr. Kaufman's son, Alan Jay Kaufman, that entrepreneurial spirit is thriving as Burns & Wilcox offers comprehensive solutions for retail insurance agents of all sizes, from the large alphabet houses to the more than 30,000 brokers and agent partners worldwide.