Customer Service & Sales Representative
Purpose of Job
As a Customer Service and Sales Representative (Insurance Policy Service - Auto and Bank Servicing) for USAA, you will provide member on-boarding, servicing and/or facilitation of product sales through various channels. Deepens and retains member relationships through needs assessment and solution offerings from USAA products and services.
We are currently seeking talented Customer Service and Sales Representatives (Insurance Policy Service - Auto) for our Phoenix, AZ Campus with multiple start dates in October, November and December 2017.
Come join our award winning team! USAA was recently recognized by Forbes® as one of the Best Employers in the U.S. and FORTUNE® magazine highlighted us as one of the World's Most Admired Companies®. We are proud to consistently receive outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity.These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
Gathers information and close on product sales demonstrating intermediate skills and knowledge of USAA products and benefits.
- Identifies member events to provide solutions on products and close on product sales that meet the member's needs and facilitate the member's financial security.
- Empathizes with members and provide offers & solutions to make it easy for members to acquire a USAA product.
- In the Financial Center, interacts with members face to face to close on product sales.
- Responds to and complete member requests.
- Full schedule availability is needed (Monday) - (Friday), 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM.
- Training includes New Employee Orientation, Licensing, Enterprise Knowledge, Pipeline training and On-the-job-training.
- You must successfully complete a training program. USAA training programs include classroom instruction, computer-based lessons, and instructor-led activities with systems simulations.
- Employees attending training are expected to meet USAA's established standards for performance, attendance and conduct.
- Availability to work 40 hours/week between Monday - Saturday 7:30am-8:00pm to include EVERY Saturday schedule up until 6:00 p.m.
- A 30 percent Shift Premium pay would apply to work hours scheduled after 6pm, Mon-Fri & weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2 years of customer contact experience in a sales, military, or call center environment to include a minimum of 1 year frequent (e.g., daily) communications with customers via telephone, e-mail and/or face-to-face - or- Bachelors degree.
- 1+ years experience multi-tasking in a Windows operating systems environment.
- This position will require a Property and Casualty license. You must pass a licensing exam within a designated number of attempts and have the ability to become licensed in all applicable states. USAA will provide the study and training environment to assist you with the licensing exam.
- Military Service
- Bachelors degree
- 2 years of customer contact experience in a Financial Services Call Center.
- 6+ months experience frequently communicating (minimum 60 percent of the time) with customers by phone, e-mail, and/or face to face.
- Experience cross selling or up-selling products.
- Auto or Property Insurance experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.