Risk Underwriter - Entry Level
As a Underwriter at BlueVine you'll play an essential role in making decisions to fund small businesses so they can access the cash they need to maintain, and expand their business.
Why work at BlueVine?
· We have a successful business model that's scaling rapidly
· Be part of a small, fast moving team; we're always learning, and continuously improving
· You'll enjoy our high integrity, client-centric approach to small business lending
· You'll thrive in our results-driven culture and be positioned to create tremendous impact
· You'll work with talented teammates who know how to have fun while delivering for our customers
Why you'll fit in:
· You like digging into the details to solve tough problems
· You like to take on responsibilities and do not shy away from a challenge
· You are resourceful, creative and most importantly, self-motivated
· You are a structured thinker, able to break down tough problems into meaningful components
- Assess new applications, performing initial-stage underwriting
- Improve existing workflows and help build to scale process
- Identify leads for automation
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Quick-thinker, fast learner, problem solver
- Strong work ethic—gets things done within a strict time frame
- Collaborative nature
- Able to work on-site in Redwood City, CA
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- 6 Month Contract
- Potential to convert to a full time role
- Core Business Unit Member
We started with a simple goal: to help small and medium-sized businesses with their everyday funding needs, whether it's to plug unexpected cash flow gaps, or to take on a business opportunity that will help them grow. Our mission is to offer convenient and flexible access to working capital, without lengthy applications, hidden fees or long-term contracts.
Our team reflects our strategy: we move fast, focus on building simple solutions, and push boundaries as we work and learn together.
As a result BlueVine has come a long way in just three years. Our factoring and business line of credit solutions have helped thousands of entrepreneurs. We've provided more than $250 million in working capital funding to date, and we're on track to fund over $500 million in 2017 alone proving that helping others grow their businesses is a good way to grow our business as well.
In addition to the many clients who have joined us on our journey we have also earned the backing of leading investors, including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Rakuten Fintech Fund and Citi Ventures, the venture investing arm of Citigroup who combined have invested more than $100M to help us achieve our goal together.