With history dating back to 1790 in London, Vericlaim, a Sedgwick company, has grown into one of the world's leading providers of loss adjusting and claims management services. We aim to provide meaningful, challenging work; a culture of learning with a focus on personal and career growth; and a competitive salary and benefits package to create opportunity for our colleagues.
We strive to continually build upon our long-standing reputation for excellence and customer-focused service in the property, casualty and marine insurance arenas. Vericlaim has over 170 domestic branch locations covering all 50 states, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada and the UK.
Vericlaim is committed to providing career opportunities to veterans and military spouses. We value diversity and inclusion in our colleagues and are devoted to delivering innovative, industry-leading solutions by recruiting, retaining, developing, and engaging the best and brightest people.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To investigate claims against insurance or other companies for personal, casualty, or property loss or damages; attempts to effect out-of-court settlement with claimant.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examines claim form and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- Interviews, telephones, or corresponds with claimant and witnesses regarding claim.
- Consults police and hospital records; and inspects property damage to determine extent of company's liability and varying methods of investigation according to type of insurance.
- Estimates cost of repair, replacement, or compensation.
- Prepares report of findings and negotiates settlement with claimant.
- Recommends litigation by legal department when settlement cannot be negotiated.
- Attends litigation hearings.
- Revises case reserves in assigned claims files to cover probably costs.
- Assists in preparing loss experience report to help determine profitability and calculates adequate future rates.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
QUALIFICATIONSEducation & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Four (4) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated commitment to timely reporting
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with varying levels (co-workers, vendors, clients, and management)
- Strong integrity
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
WORK ENVIRONMENT When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
- Computer keyboarding, travel as required
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather conditions.
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead
- Be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.
- Must have continual use of manual dexterity
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking