Multifamily Underwriting Analyst
The position joins a dedicated team for Multifamily's fastest growing execution – origination of Small Balance Loans. The Multifamily Underwriting Analyst will report to the Director of Underwriting in Small Balance Loans and assist other Underwriters in evaluating and documenting credit risk for conventional multifamily loans up to $6 million. The Analyst will be responsible for collecting, entering, and validating loan data from various sources, resolving discrepancies and ensuring loan data integrity while processing loans through Freddie Mac systems. Loan data affects Freddie Mac's corporate financial statements. All responsibilities build toward credit approval and closing individual mortgage loans collateralized by multifamily properties. The position has development potential for additional responsibilities access to training and mentors.
- Assist in preparing and obtaining deal approvals and issuing Commitments;
- Analyze historical property financial statements, check-in third party reports (real estate appraisals, engineering and environmental reports), analyze markets and review borrower/sponsor financial adequacy;
- Inspect subject and competing properties and their neighborhood and market for condition and income producing ability;
- Credit Enhancement, Commitment and Credit Exception monthly reporting;
- Participate in locking loan interest rate and other economic terms;
- Ad-hoc management reporting and analysis such as loan trend analysis;
- Work efficiently in Microsoft Excel and Word, proprietary data systems, and on-line data sources;
- Apply job knowledge, company policies and principals and critical thinking to complete assigned tasks accurately, completely, and independently in a timely manner;
- Communicate daily to internal colleagues and external customers both via telephone and in writing. Communication involves obtaining or providing information on matters of importance to the function of the department and the making of the loan and may involve material of a sensitive nature;
- Develop resolutions to problems of limited scope following specific and detailed procedures.
- 0-2 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related discipline
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Possesses analytical thinking and positive attitude
- Some ability to travel domestically
- Multifamily or commercial real estate experience or coursework
- 3.3 or above GPA
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.