Claims Adjuster - Property Trainee
Train to resolve property and/or casualty loss claims. Training includes how to investigate losses and how to negotiate settlements.
- Examines claims forms
- Investigates claims by interviewing claimants and witnesses
- Sets loss reserves
- Prepares reports
- Settles claims by determining insurance carrier's liability
- Controls claims costs
- Maintains company reputation and integrity of insurance products.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through company provided education.
- Bachelors' degree required.
- Degree in insurance or business strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Strong PC/laptop skills including MS Office products.
- Previous insurance experience a plus.
- Experienced adjusters must be licensed as required by state and local jurisdictions.
- Must have a valid drivers' license with a clean driving record.
- Must complete designated continuing education courses while in position in order to advance.
Crawford offers excellent benefits, industry best training and competitive salaries. If you are interested in joining the leader in the claims management industry, please apply now.
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the world's largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution® offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration.