Claim Rep Trainee Inside Auto
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under close supervision, this position is responsible for investigating, evaluating, negotiating and resolving claims on losses of lesser value and complexity. Complete formal training program for consideration of advancement to claim representative Inside Auto position. Provide quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle (customer contacts, coverage, investigation, evaluation, reserving, negotiation and resolution) including maintaining full compliance with internal and external quality standards and state specific regulations.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in on-going training sessions for the inside auto business.
- Deliver consistent service quality throughout the claim life cycle, including but not limited to prompt contact, explaining the process, setting expectations, on-going communication, and follow-through meeting commitments to achieve optimal outcome on every file.
- Work closely with Unit Manager or mentor to promptly resolve assigned claim.
- Review and analyze coverage and applying policy conditions, provisions, exclusions and endorsements, and how jurisdictional issues impact the claim.
- Investigate each claim to obtain relevant facts necessary to determine coverage, causation/ damages, extent of liability/establishment of negligence, damages, contribution potential and exposure with respect to the various coverages provided through prompt contact with appropriate parties (e.g.. policyholders, accounts, claimants, law enforcement agencies, witnesses, agents, medical providers and technical experts).
- Taking necessary statements.
- Manage file inventory and expense reserves by utilizing an effective diary system, documenting claim file activities to resolve claim in a timely manner. Determine settlement amounts, negotiating and conveying claim settlements within authority limits to insureds and claimants. As appropriate, write denial letters. Refer claims beyond authority as appropriate based on exposure and established guidelines. Other duties as assigned.
High School Degree or GED with one year of work and/or customer service related experience OR Bachelor's Degree required. Experience utilizing computer technology; such as Microsoft Office, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database software. In order to perform the essential job functions of this job, acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally, license(s) are required to be obtained within three months of starting the job.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years of work and/or customer service related experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response to all assigned tasks - Basic Strong verbal and written communication skills - Basic Attention to detail ensuring accuracy - Basic Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities - Basic Analytical Thinking - Basic Judgment/ Decision Making - Basic
- Travel - Occasionally
- Operates standard office equipment - Continuously Sitting (can stand at will) - Continuously Standing - Continuously Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key - Continuously
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.