Under moderate supervision, this position is responsible for helping our customers get back on the road after an accident. As a Claims Representative you will need excellent customer service, problem solving, and organizational skills to gather details, investigate accidents, and manage the claims process. Every day is different as you work to resolve problems and we ask that you be willing to work hard in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Investigates claims, including questions of coverage, liability, and damages, of low to moderate complexity.
- Implements and upholds all policies of Traders along with the willingness to work hard in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ensures all operations are consistent with the stated mission and direction set forth by Traders.
- Sets timely, adequate reserves in compliance with the company reserving philosophy.
- Partners with appraisers/estimators to manage vehicle repairs.
- Provides prompt, detailed responses to agents, insureds and claimants on the status of claims.
- Negotiates, settles and/or resolves claims while delivering best in class customer service.
- Demonstrates an ownership attitude with the ability to be analytical and make accurate decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate.
- Demonstrates good time management skills.
- Personal computer literate with proficiency in the use of Word and Excel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 – 3 years of prior experience as an auto claims representative.
- AIC or CPCU degree or equivalent Insurance course preferred.
- Ability to maintain Adjuster license in required states.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Traders employees also benefit from:
- Group Medical/Dental/Vision
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K Plan
- Training and Career Development
- Opportunities for Advancement