Everest Reinsurance Company, a member of Everest Re Group, Ltd., is seeking a talented and dynamic Associate Underwriter to focus on financial, general liability and casualty lines of business in our Miami, Florida office. The incumbent will be responsible for renewal business and increase new business in facultative reinsurance in Latin America, Caribbean, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe and the United Kingdom.
This position will offer a rare opportunity to thrive in an entrepreneurial climate that values and rewards thoughtful risk taking, outstanding customer service and focus on execution. He/She will report to the Vice President of International Facultative Casualty.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Underwrite, price and negotiate facultative reinsurance accounts consistent with and according to the company's strategy.
- Develop new relationships and maintain existing relationships with Everest's existing base if clients.
- Collaborate with operations, actuarial, legal, claims, finance and marketing to build and enhance products and contribute to the financial performance of the business unit.
- Monitor product results and develop ideas to increase productivity and profitability.
- Work as part of a larger facultative and treaty team in the Miami office.
Work Experience & Qualifications
- 2-5 years of general liability / casualty / financial lines insurance underwriting experience in the United States preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required; preference on risk management and insurance studies.
- Bilingual in second language preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and related computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, as well as being a team player.
- Outgoing, driven, high attention to detail and results focused mentality
- Willingness to work on other projects as required.
- Strong understanding of basic sales principles and negotiation skills.
- Excellent, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- At times, 10-20% travel may be required.
Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.