Junior Underwriter/Underwriting Assistant
Everest Reinsurance Company, a member of the Everest Re Group Ltd., has a challenging opportunity available for a Junior Underwriter/Underwriting Assistant for our Miami, Florida office.
This individual will be responsible for assisting with the underwriting of reinsurance treaties in Latin America and the Caribbean. You will be responsible for analysis, data accumulation, and input of information. You will have day-to-day interaction with senior underwriters, as well as communication with clients and supporting departments such as Claims and Accounting. Strong math and computer skills are required.
- Bachelor's degree required. JD or MBA is a plus.
- Reinsurance and/or insurance background preferred but not mandatory. Internship experience is desirable.
- Bilingual (Portuguese/English or Spanish/English) is a must; Tri-lingual (Portuguese/English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Strong organizational and communications (written and oral) are required as well as being detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, and Word.
Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.