Claims Examiner II - Litigation Unit
Why Work Here?
"We were certified a Great Place to Work in 2017!"
Primarily responsible for the complete handling, including establishing of coverage, liability and damages, to enable equitable resolutions of all claims assignments. Undertake responsibility for complex and / or high exposure claim assignments in all lines.
Essential job functions include:
- Responsible for investigation, analysis and evaluation of all claim assignments to include the issues of coverage, liability and damages.
- Negotiates equitable settlements and produce successful resolutions in accordance with company policies and department guidelines.
- Exercise independent judgement and employs sound decision making in undertaking the above responsibilities.
- Comply with all aspects of the Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations.
- Properly document all claim files with dated progress notes and reports to record results of investigation and handling, stating reasons for decisions and evaluations in accordance with guidelines.
- Establish and maintain appropriate reserves on all claims that reflect company policies and guidelines.
- Attend settlement conferences, other meetings and hearings as required.
- Assist in reaching company and department objectives by reducing pending files and successfully concluding all claim assignments, maintains 100% closing ratio.
- Undertake responsibility for re-insurance reporting.
- Analyze and evaluate converge issues and prepare communication on coverage positions.
- Analyze and evaluate complex claim issues and high exposure claims with plans for implementing resolutions and conducting the activity to reach resolution
- Conduct study and research in related claims areas as may be requested by Claims Management.
- 10 years of claims experience
- Litigation management
- Coverage analysis
- Experience with Commercial transportation, excess liability and complex litigation
- Construction defect experience preferred
- Ability to do overnight travel for mediations and conferences
- BA, professional designation - required.
About Topa Insurance Company:Topa Insurance Company is a growing boutique specialty insurance carrier in Calabasas, California, with more than 30 years of service in the industry. Our highly engaged employees enjoy a modern, collaborative work environment with on-site fitness. Our top notch management team encourages professional development and achievement, with a commitment to make Topa Insurance an employer of choice. We embrace diversity, believe in, recognize and celebrate our people. Our employee engagement scores are amongst the highest in the industry and we were certified a Great Place to Work in 2017. We offer a variety of flexible work schedules and shared incentives built around corporate goals and objectives. Our comprehensive benefits plan includes up to 20 PTO days a year for first year team members, as well as annual time off for charitable activity. We want innovative team members who are eager to excel to join our team.