Claims Examiner I - Commercial Auto
Why Work Here?
"We were certified a Great Place to Work in 2017!"
Topa Insurance Company is currently recruiting for a Claims Examiner I – Commercial Auto who will be responsible for the complete handling, including establishment of coverage, liability and damages for assigned claims.
In addition to managing a pending file load, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- The setup, investigation, analysis and evaluation through to settlement of all claim assignments to include the issues of coverage, liability and damages.
- Negotiate equitable settlements and produce successful resolutions in accordance with company policies and department guidelines within delegated authority.
- Reasonably rely upon the assistance of subject matter experts, attorneys and company management in order to effectively manage assigned claims.
- Ability to review and interpret forensic and expert reports leading to the causation of claims, evaluations and the ultimate settlement of same.
- Must have experience with auto physical damage claims, including total loss settlement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and efficiently handle a high volume of claims is required.
- Experience adjusting commercial claims preferred.
- Exercise independent judgement and employs sound decision making in undertaking the above responsibilities.
- Comply with all aspects of the Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations for all states where claims occur.
- Properly document all claim files with dated progress notes and reports to record results of investigation and handling, stating reasons for decisions and evaluations in accordance with guidelines.
- Establish and maintain appropriate reserves on all claims which reflect company policies and guidelines.
- Attend settlement conferences, hearings and other meetings as required.
We would like to see candidates with a High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.), minimum three (3) years related experience capacity with solid exposure to management of commercial auto claims, Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and a commitment to their career as demonstrated by Professional designations is preferred. A valid Driver's License with clean driving record is required.
At Topa, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Topa Insurance Company:Topa Insurance Company is a growing boutique specialty insurance carrier in Calabasas, California, with more than 30 years of service in the industry. Our highly engaged employees enjoy a modern, collaborative work environment with on-site fitness. Our top notch management team encourages professional development and achievement, with a commitment to make Topa Insurance an employer of choice. We embrace diversity, believe in, recognize and celebrate our people. Our employee engagement scores are amongst the highest in the industry and we were certified a Great Place to Work in 2017. We offer a variety of flexible work schedules and shared incentives built around corporate goals and objectives. Our comprehensive benefits plan includes up to 20 PTO days a year for first year team members, as well as annual time off for charitable activity. We want innovative team members who are eager to excel to join our team.