Personal Lines Underwriter
Profitably underwrite all personal lines preferred lines of business with a focus on risk evaluation and acceptability, loss prevention and avoidance, proper plan placement and premium assessment, and guideline exceptions. Provide excellent service to both internal and external customers. Maintain positive agency relationships while assisting in achieving designated loss ratios and growth goals.
- Evaluate and underwrite all Preferred Lines new business, amendments, and renewal business risks referred from the Underwriting Decision System. Review all information to evaluate and assess the overall risk with a focus on ensuring proper plan placement and obtaining adequate premium for the exposure.
- Review inspections in accordance with Operations workflow practices and standards.
- Complete Claims referrals, Status Summaries, and Risk Alert referrals.
- Adherence to Operations production and service standards and differentiators.
- Respond to customer inquiries, included but not limited to, GrangeLive Chats, Complaint Letters, and Policy Information requests.
- Identify product risks and recommend solutions to mitigate those risks. Advise business unit on recommended necessary risk reduction actions and solutions to maintain and/or restore profitability.
- Conduct Agency Audits to ensure compliance with Personal Lines policies, product filings, state and federal laws and regulations, and the agency electronic commerce agreement.
- Educate agencies about our Personal Lines products, services, automation, cross selling, and underwriting standards. Keep agents up to date with Underwriting and/or product changes.
- Develop and maintain on-going strong positive relationships with agents.
- Assist with agency development as necessary.