The Assistant Underwriter is responsible for providing support to the underwriting function through customer service and processing of underwriting files. The primary role of the Assistant Underwriter is to organize and process all quotes, binds, policy endorsements, renewals, and routine mail in accordance with the company's guidelines. Equally important, the AssistantUnderwriter is to provide customer service to incoming callers and communicate as needed with agents to obtain additional information on files.
- Provide excellent customer service by answering phones within three rings.
- Handle phone and email requests/inquiries in a quick, professional, and courteous manner.
- Organize and process all policy endorsements.
- Organize and process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Quote new business, issue policies, and process renewals in accordance with Underwriter and Company specifications.
- Achieve a working knowledge of the company's new business selection philosophy.
- Maintain a current diary system for all follow-up items.
- 1-2 years experience in an office environment. BA/BS degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, decision oriented environment.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong automation skills including MS Office products
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.