Academy of Insurance
Customer Service Sales Associate
The Academy of Insurance is an online learning platform. Customers interact with us by purchasing individual classes, becoming an individual member, or by creating a group membership. Your roll will be to help our customers move from interested bystander to individual course purchaser to long-time member and advocate for the Academy.
Who we are
The Academy of Insurance is an online learning platform. We are the educational arm of Wells Media Group, Inc. Our flagship product is the Insurance Journal magazine (print and online). The Academy of Insurance provides online learning for insurance professionals and anyone looking to broaden and deepen their understanding of insurance.
What you will do
The successful team member will first need to be excited about the learning that we provide and the different avenues that we create to help our customers to engage with that learning. Here are a few tasks that you'll perform.
- You will reach out to all customers to make sure that they get what they expect and what they need.
- You will identify ways to help move customers through our sales funnels.
- You will contact current and prospective customers to sell and explain products, perform account rounding and solicit new business.
- You will prepare and present proposals and quotes and recommend products based on customer needs.
- You will assist customers and arrange payment terms in accordance with established guidelines.
- You will follow up with delinquent accounts.
- You will create a system to follow up with prospects and report on follow ups.
- You will provide support and assistance to the Academy Director as needed.
- You will host webinars as needed.
- You will attend sales team meetings, seminars, or educational activities to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, trends and regulations in the marketplace.
- You will provide administrative assistance and support as needed.
Who you need to be
You need to be excited about helping our customers solve their problems. You need to be able to communicate that excitement through phone calls, online demonstrations, and chats.
You need to be able to discover what our customer needs and how we can provide it.
You will need to search out customers from among the people and organizations that we already have contact with through many different channels.
You need to be driven and self-motivated to accomplish our goals together.
What skills you need
You need to be able to learn several different types of software, including: Office 365, online project tracking tools, CRM tools, our learning management system, and others.
You need to be able to communicate clearly by telephone, email, and online presentation software (zoom, GoToWebinar).
You need to be able to assist in creating of email campaigns, including new member and prospect drip campaigns.
Keys to your success
The following are the items that we will pay attention to and use to measure your success:
- Number of quality conversations
- Number of conversions from free content to paid content (individual class or membership)
- Number of conversions from individual memberships to group memberships.
You will work at home primarily. Normal office hours are 8:30am – 5 pm local time, but you may have to travel or work early or late from time to time as needed. Normal work week is Monday – Friday, but you may have to travel or work on weekends. Your travel demands will be light, but you may be expected to attend certain events a few times in the year.
Required Education and Experience
You need at least 2 years of customer support experience and 3-4 years of sales experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
The best candidates will have a mix of the following background and experience.
- Any insurance designation
- A property/casualty insurance license
- Degree in risk management/insurance
- Experience in insurance education, online education, or adult learning theory
- Saas or subscription sales experience
- 4+ years customer support experience
- 3+ years in B2B sales
What's in it for you
You will receive a compensation package designed for you that will include base salary and performance bonuses. We provide health, vision, and dental insurance among other benefits.