Gulfstream Property and Casualty Insurance
Vice President of Legal and Compliance
The Vice President of Legal and Compliance provides strategic and procedural legal advice, with a focus on insurance operations, underwriting, product, and regulatory compliance. The Vice President reviews and evaluates the legal risks, including current and proposed business strategies, regulatory issues, corporate governance, high level transactions, and other legal and compliance matters as needed.
Legal and Regulatory Essential Duties
- Provides insurance-related legal advice, strategies, and solutions, to business unit leaders;
- Acts as regulatory counsel; assists in the development and drafting of policies, procedures and forms required to meet regulatory standards, and works to resolve regulatory inquiries, investigations and adversarial proceedings;
- Develop compliance monitoring procedures and direct compliance analyst and prepare and present quarterly monitoring reports to senior management;
- Conducts analysis and advises on potential business impact of proposed and enacted statutes as well as proposed and adopted regulation;
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates & interprets contracts and agreements, proposed legislation, reinsurance, company regulations, policy forms, filings, and manuals;
- Performs research & analysis in areas of law and policy;
- Remains current on all relevant laws, amendments, and their interpretations and application;
- Interfaces and collaborates with regulatory agencies, such as DFS and OIR, and key industry organizations;
- Reviews discovery responses (including subpoena and deposition preparation), as assigned;
- Provides other legal services as needed.
- Skilled in legal analysis, critical thinking, legal counseling, and problem solving;
- Ability to use Microsoft and other applications with proficiency;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- JD and admission to Florida Bar;
- At lest ten years of relevant experience, including six years in property and casualty insurance.