Utica National Insurance
Commercial Lines Underwriting Supervisor
The Underwriting Supervisor is responsible for underwriting, profitability, growth and retention of new and renewal business that is consistent with underwriting strategies within an assigned territory. Hires, develops and retains staff of Regional Office Underwriters with emphasis on development through guidance, coaching and mentoring.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for evaluating performance of all underwriters to confirm adherence to company underwriting guidelines policy.
- Effectively manages the quality process in a book of business.
- Manages territory to meet all regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the administration of underwriting authority to
underwriters with the Director of Regional Underwriting Operations.
- Understand trending in relation to growth and profit.
- Agency/Sales Management.
- Demonstrates strong partnerships with agents and brokers.Support sales plans and agency engagement initiatives.
- Effectively manage agency profitability.
- Work closely with Regional Vice President and Director of Regional
Underwriting Operations to develop strategic plans that allow profitable
growth in the territory.
- Embodies the leadership imperatives
- Operational Excellence
- Minimum of 5 years commercial management experience required in the insurance industry
- Underwriting experience
- Solid financial / business acumen skills
- Highly regarded for leadership capabilities
- Knowledge of the day to day workings of retail P&C agencies
- Knowledge of commercial middle market coverage's, insurance contract, pricing and rating
- Ability to create and interpret operational and financial reports
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- CPCU, CIC designations highly desirable
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union membership
- Employees' Club
- Leadership bonus plan
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test.