Underwriting Data Analyst
The person in this position gathers and analyzes data used in the underwriting of large accounts. This person creates presentations and works with underwriters and leadership in the decision-making process. The Underwriting Data Analyst assists underwriters by gathering and analyzing data used in underwriting large accounts and extracts and evaluates quantitative data from various sources and delivers constructive recommendations based on analyzed results. The person in this position analyzes data using forecasting and analytical tools. The Underwriting Data Analyst also analyzes and reviews loss and safety trends, establishes pricing metrics as defined, and presents conclusions of analyzed data to underwriters. The person in this position organizes and creates presentations using visual methods such as graphs and charts.
The most qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, math, finance, actuarial science or related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational & critical thinking skills.
- Strong working knowledge and capability of Excel and the other Microsoft office products.
- Capable of creating charts, graphs, and visuals from data.
- Ability to present data in a professional setting to internal and external customers.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Is curious and creative in analyzing and presenting findings
Minimum pay is $47,200. May be more depending on experience and/or education.
Internal candidates should also have 6 months in their current position. They should also have acceptable job performance and a good attendance record and must notify their current supervisor that they have applied for the position.
Opening: Sept 3, 2019 | Closing: Sept 16, 2019