Maryland Auto Insurance
Executive Director (CEO)
The Executive Director serves as Chief Executive Officer of Maryland Auto Insurance and reports to the Maryland Auto Board of Trustees. The Executive Director formulates and implements the company's mission, initiatives and policies; is a pro-active problem solver; shares responsibility for the company's overall performance; supervises the company's senior management team; and provides supervision and direction to all elements of the company.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to:
- Provide inspirational leadership to the entity.
- Collaborate with the Board of Trustees and senior management to develop the company's strategic plan and oversee its implementation.
- Engage across operations to ensure there are processes in place to meet financial and performance goals.
- Provide managerial supervision and overall direction to senior management.
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and internal communications with staff.
- Implement sound corporate governance practices.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with Maryland General Assembly.
Qualified candidates will have a professional history of progressively responsible experience culminating in a leadership role overseeing operations. Minimum of twelve years of experience in the insurance industry, specifically Property & Casualty with a focus on automobile insurance, including at least seven years of Executive level management experience. Must possess experience in financial management. Preferred experience working with Board of Trustees/Directors. Advanced college degrees and industry designations such as CPCU preferred.
Maryland Auto Insurance, a Property & Casualty insurance carrier and independent agency of the State of Maryland, is located in the charming Locust Point neighborhood of Baltimore. We offer an excellent benefit package, including health and dental coverage, pension plan, 401(k) plan, and incentive program tied to strategic corporate and departmental goals.
For more information about Maryland Auto Insurance, please click on the following link: https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/25ind/html/07auto.html
Maryland Auto Insurance is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, familial status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law. Applicants who need an ADA accommodation for an interview should request the accommodation when notified of a request to be interviewed. Applicants must be United States citizens or eligible to work in the United States.