C.T. Lowndes & Company
C.T. Lowndes & Company is currently seeking a Licensed Independent Sales Agent + Office Manager to join our location in Myrtle Beach, SC.
This is a blended role that offers the opportunity to both generate new business sales and lead the day-to-day operations of the office. Our Myrtle Beach location is
relatively new to our agency but has an existing book of business to build upon.
This position has the potential for ownership in any new business generated (excludes the existing book).
This position requires an active South Carolina Property & Casualty producer and brokers license as required by the South Carolina Department of Insurance.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and lead the day-to-day operations of the office.
- Manage and lead a direct report.
- Work with preferred carriers to identify underwriting guidelines and appetite for target/niche markets.
- Develop, maintain, and execute a business plan that aligns with the agency's strategic goal.
- Solicit and sell new insurance accounts to meet both individual sales objectives and the agency strategic sales objectives.
- Renew existing accounts, remarketing as necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of existing markets and underwriting criteria for our preferred carriers.
- Meet agency expectations for level of service.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key referral sources.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Actively engage and participate in community networking events and organizations.
- Develop a pipeline of prospective new business accounts through direct solicitation, referrals from existing clients, referrals from friends and business acquaintances, and through community affairs, networking groups, affiliations, and other contacts.
- Maintain a cohesive working relationship with assigned CSR(s) and/or Account Manager(s) through teamwork.
- Participate in sales meetings and in-house training as requested.
- Adhere to the Agency Guidelines Manual and respective core processes in order to minimize E&O exposure to the agency.
- Maintain necessary licenses and required continuing education for license renewal.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must be a self-starter who is motivated and assertive, with demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Must demonstrate strong, professional, and effective presentation and communication skills.
- Must be goal-oriented with an ability to successfully close a sale.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and execute a successful business plan that is in-line with agency objectives is required.
- College degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous practical experience in an outside sales position with successful results is required. Existing knowledge of the insurance industry is preferred.
Job Type: Commission
Job Type: Full-time