Senior Field Underwriter
A Senior Field Underwriter applies sound underwriting principles and risk analysis to evaluate new and renewal accounts with high-level risk and coverage complexity. This person manages a book of business to achieve premium growth, retention, and profitability. The Senior Field Underwriter also meets with assigned agencies and producers to review progress to business goals and with accounts, as needed. In addition, this person is responsible for building the WCF brand and long term agency and account relationships. Weekly day travel and occasional overnight travel to visit agents in the state of Colorado and Arizona required. Monthly overnight travel to out of state WCF offices for training required.
This position requires:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field.
- At least seven years of workers compensation underwriting experience in the appropriate state (Colorado); multiline underwriting experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of state / NCCI workers compensation manuals, guidelines, rating elements, bureaus and the competitive landscape.
- Established relationships with producer community.
- CPCU, ARM, CIC or similar certifications preferred.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite; Excel experience required.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, analytical skills and a self-starter who works with a sense of urgency and curiosity.
Minimum Salary is $79,920.
Internal candidates should also have six months in their current position, acceptable job performance, and a good attendance record, and must notify their current supervisor that they've applied for the position.