The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Auto Appraiser Coordinator
Company InformationSolid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job SummaryAssign Auto Physical Damage claims to appropriate field appraisers and independents including Mendota and Legacy St Paul claims. Coordinate and monitor appraiser activities to ensure prompt inspections and maximization of appraisal resources.
As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assign Auto Physical Damage claims (CL and PL) to appropriate field appraisers and.
- independents including Mendota and Legacy St Paul claims.
- Proactively follow-up on pending appraisals for assignment, upload and/or status. Maintain.
- contact with and track appraisers throughout the day. Coordinate activities i.e., scheduling,
- alerting/assigning them to new assignments in a given territory etc. Balance daily workloads and.
- shift resources as necessary to achieve optimal productivity.
- Manage assignments within dedicated territories, including Independent Appraisers (IA). Ensure.
- compliance with claim strategies.
- Accurately input information into claim system.
- Consistently provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Direct information in real-time to appropriate system or staff.
- Identify opportunities to remap/realign territories to be more effective and communicate proposal.
- to local leadership.
- Document changes to assignments in file notes.
Minimum QualificationsHigh School Diploma or GED with one year of work or customer service related experience OR Bachelor's Degree required.
Education, Work Experience & KnowledgeAssociates Degree or Bachelors Degree with 2 years of work and/or customer service related experience preferred.
Some claim experience preferred
Job Specific & Technical Skills & CompetenciesStrong communications skills Must have strong keyboard skills and PC experience in Windows environments, including Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database software. COMPETENCIES:
1. Strong customer focus.
2. Strong communication and telephone skills. Must be able to communicate both orally and in
writing in a clear and concise manner.
3. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships
with those contacted in the course of work.
4. Solid organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, problem solve, manage multiple
assignments and meet deadlines.
5. Strong detail orientation.
6. Ability to determine geographic locations, including map reading ability.
7. Must be a self starter with ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
8. Ability to negotiate and manage effectively with conflict.
9. Flexibility and willingness to participate in a rotating shift to include day into early evening hours
with some weekend hours.
10. Demonstrated sense of urgency.
11. Demonstrated ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.