The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Director, Agile Coach
Company InformationSolid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job SummaryTravelers is seeking an Agile Coach to join our organization to help grow and transform our Agile landscape. Individual will guide multiple teams on Agile principles and practices, demonstrate courage to challenge and advise teams and stakeholders, including senior leadership, enable teams to realize objectives and deliver on KPIs, and assess and enhance Agile maturity of teams.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities• As a servant leader and change agent, coach, inspire and mentor teams on Agile principles, values and practices while role modeling Travelers' leadership behaviors.
• Facilitate and reinforce Agile practices for multiple teams working toward common business outcomes, including backlog refinement and prioritization.
• Understand and support implementation of metrics to optimize delivery of KPIs through the assessment of responsiveness, quality, productivity, and customer and business value.
• Support multiple Agile teams to ensure progress toward objectives, goals and commitments. Guide assigned Agile teams to deliver the required product increments.
• Actively raise observed issues and remove impediments; resolve conflicts within and across teams. Anticipate challenges, identify risks, and recommend mitigations and solutions.
• Continuously assess the Agile maturity of teams and individuals at all levels of leadership, educating and mentoring to address gaps.
• Participate in both the internal and external Agile community to stay abreast of challenges, leading practices, and emerging trends; utilize learnings in furthering the effective use of Agile practices at Travelers.
• Facilitate open communication among teams and stakeholders; promote positive team dynamics to ensure members collaborate and work effectively within and across teams.
• Use coaching techniques that increase collaboration, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation.
Minimum QualificationsHigh School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & KnowledgeBachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 7 years of project management experience preferred. 2 years of experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies• Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage, respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices and methodologies to achieve team success.
• Change Agent: Expert change leadership skills including the ability to create an inclusive environment, manage conflict and develop solutions to mitigate risk.
• Coaching: Ability to utilize tailored coaching techniques to inspire individuals and teams to perform at a higher level.
• Influence: Ability to influence behaviors of leaders at all levels and without traditional hierarchy.
• Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
• Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts, practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience.
• Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a cross-functional multi-team environment.
• Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually improve, share learning with others and encourage team development.
Preferred Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3 years of Agile experience preferred with a track record of leading teams to higher Agile maturity.
• 3 years of experience as a coach preferred.
• 2 years of experience championing organizational change initiatives preferred.
• 3 years of experience implementing Agile principles and practices in different cultures and environments preferred.