The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Company InformationSolid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job SummaryThe Family Business Institute (FBI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Travelers. FBI offers consulting services that help family-owned and other closely held business owners and leaders make more money in less time with fewer headaches with a higher quality of life. In addition to one-on-one consulting, FBI facilitates executive peer groups which are exclusive gatherings of seven to ten CEOs where, with the assistance of a professional facilitator, non-competing leaders openly review their companies and share information in a focused effort to build breakthrough success for themselves, their families, their employees, and their customers.
Acting as a coordinator of FBI executive peer groups, the Project Administrator organizes the people, processes, and checklists critical to the successful execution of executive peer group meetings. The successful candidate will function exceptionally well both individually and as part of a team delivering outstanding customer service to peer group members, strategic partners, and peer group facilitators.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary coordinator for executive peer group meeting preparation, communication, and follow-through for assigned groups
- Work with other peer group coordinators to maximize overall team effectiveness
- Follow – and help improve – established procedures for coordinating peer group meetings
- Work closely with other functions to maximize peer group member experience, retention, and lifetime value
- Provide input into developing and maintaining the peer group program operations manual
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum QualificationsHigh School diploma or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years administrative, customer service, or project coordination experience
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach to recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues, and developing solutions
- Delivers high quality work/service within agreed upon time frames
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Helpful and highly responsive
- Strong problem solving ability
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)