The Multi-Peril Division of Lancer Insurance Company is seeking an Underwriting Manager to build and enhance our Underwriting team. Lancer Insurance is dedicated to providing a great work environment and excellent benefit package.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and mentor underwriting team ensuring the goals, practices and policies of the company.
- Conduct on-going audits of the team as individuals and as a group to confirm workloads are efficiently distributed and current.
- Serve as the primary resource for underwriters for questions and authorization of any exceptions.
- Develop training and goals for individuals in the group and write performance reviews for individual team members annually or as needed.
- Attend trade shows when needed which may include overnight stays.
- Develop relationships with brokers and industry connections through networking events
- Work with upper management and marketing to collaborate any inter department programs or company communications.
- Minimum 5 years Commercial Property and General Liability underwriting insurance experience. Workers Compensation experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Commercial package on-line quoting systems experience.
- Proficiency in the use of online researching of 3rd party data, including but not limited to social media.
- Knowledge of loss control actions taken on book of CPP or BOP business
- High energy leader with excellent communication skills